• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IT IS THE SOLDIER ....

Trail-Axe

NAXJA Forum User
IT IS THE SOLDIER:

It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,

And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.
-Charles M. Province

To all my fellow soldiers of peace, past, present, and future, active, reserve, and retired; Merry Christmas brothers! Here’s to us and them like us, on this day we celebrate the birth of the supreme solider of peace, Jesus of Nazareth, Son of the living God.

:cheers: :patriot:

:cheers: :patriot:

Merry Christmas to you too, brother....

Merry Christmass and may God bless us all in these troubled times.

may no bullets or bombs find our soldiers on this day above all others!

That's a great poem. It seems all the protesters fail to realize that it's the Soldiers who gave them the right to protest.
Merry Christmas and God Bless all the Troops.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it."

"Only two people have been willing to die for you. Jesus was willing to die for your soul, and the American Soldier was willing to die for your freedom."

Probably misquoting on the latter, but the sentiment is there. Most people just don't realise that...

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all of our Service men and women and thier families who far away from each other tonight. Your sacrifice is appreciated!

Back