• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is anyone using Airlift #59507 to level the rear?

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
It appears that only two folks, both from AUS, are using this kit.

My father is interested in installing the kit on his XJ to be able to level the rear out when towing his travle trailer. Rather than going with new leaf packs, he'd like to use the airbags as he likes the current unloaded ride, but wants to improve the stance when towing.

His vehicle is an '00 XJ, with an older Rancho 2" kit, with full length AALs; the vehicle has 4.10s to help with the towing.

For reference, here is Go Jeep's info page on the kit:
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoAirbagSuspension.htm

My main concern in looking at how the bracket mounts. With only 4 self tapping bolts, this doesnt seem to be strong enough, but then again, I don't know any better.

So, if you could, please weigh in with your thoughts and experiences, we'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Gavin

He says the bottom bolts go through the frame. If I was doing something like that I'd use a backing plate instead of washers...
I wonder why they didn't make the bracket an L, with the bottom held on by the bumpstop bolts, and the air spring sitting on the U bolts

I have installed a few sets of those on XJs along with many other vehicles and have not or heard of any problems. I agree it would make more sense to go all the way through and or plate it, but if you install them right there fine. There just light duty helper air bags, they don't allow you to haul more they just make the ride more stable when loaded or towing. Air lift is a good company with good a product I would recommend them.

Last edited:
I used them for a few years until I went with a bigger lift and they worked great.

Yes, they will work on a '99.

For the record, these bags, and the kit as a whole, have worked great on my Dad's XJ; from towing a travel trailer to hauling wood, and towing a ar hauler, these have worked perfectly.

Back