• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock?

TLowery04

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone wheel with an Iron Rock long arm kit? I'm looking at the 5.5" for my '89 and am wondering how well it holds up and what else needs to be purchased in tandem to make it both road and trail worthy. Also if you don't like it, what other options should I be looking at?

Oh, wow. Lots of opinions on this one. Probably the most controversial suspension you've ever heard of... i wish I were kidding.

search "iron rock long arm naxja" w/ google and you'll come up wtih plenty.

Ehhhhh just get serious offroads longarm kit.

I had an IRO long arm kit on a WJ, not a fan. It was beefy but the way they adjust pinion angle/caster leaves a lot to be desired. Their upper arm is fixed to the lower , and up on the axle housing it has this odd little slider to adjust the angle that pretty much sucked and was super hard to adjust and bent very easily. If they were to make the upper arm adjustable like all other companies out there I would consider them.

With that being said, I had and will be having again soon a Clayton LA on my XJ. Their x-member is by far the best on the market. If you have to drop the tranny with most other companies you have to essentially remove the entire front suspension just to the get tranny out. Clayton has the center of the x-member removable, and the Arms stay on. The x-member is 3 piece, you do have to weld the outer portions, (where the arms bolt up) to the frame. Clayton also makes a 3 link instead of the radius arm set up, this is actually what I am considering now. I just need to see if they have an option for the upper arm to mount on the right side instead of the left.

IRO longarms are junk, I'm not going to sit around and explain why (plenty of threads to do that for me), the rest of there stuff is decent but if you're looking for a budget longarm kit go with seriousoffroad, roughcounty or make your own if that's possible.

IRO longarms are junk, I'm not going to sit around and explain why (plenty of threads to do that for me), the rest of there stuff is decent but if you're looking for a budget longarm kit go with seriousoffroad, roughcounty or make your own if that's possible.

Ditto

IRO long arms are trash. If you have the skills and tools, build your own after doing some research on what is best. You will be happier in the long run.

I just installed the iron rock long arms a week ago. Haven't wheeled on it yet but it seems to be good on road so far. If you do end up getting them I suggest you get a new upper axle bushing as they don't come with the kit. I ended up mangling my stock bushing pretty good while disassembling the stockers. Not that they were in the best shape with 200000 miles on them. I'm not so sure about the castor adjuster deal though, seems wimpy compared to the arms. The mounting of the crossmember played a big roll in my purchase, I have ruffstuff chassis plates and I was worried that a lot of the other brand may conflict with them. If I were to do it over I would have gone another route

wheeled with the legend BLOOSE in moab. the kit destroyed the bushing in the axle side UCA mount in 2 days. first trip since he installed it, I think it was even a new bushing.

also in before this gets locked and deleeted for people getting butthurt.

I've compared alot of diff brands for long arms and there really is only a few that are good quality and most of those are over a grand. Serious of road makes the best I've seen for what you pay. Only 750 and very beefy with nice transfer case protection.

Back