• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector won't stop spraying

Ruled out the injectors.
Did a spray test with water bottles on tem.
No spraying. The sound is the rail not building pressure to stay shut I guess.
The pump stays running. But the injectors don't spray.
OK, I am confused. In your first post, you said you had an injector that would not stop spraying, now you are saying none of the injectors are doing that.

I thought it was an injector because the sound is coming out of the fuel rail. I took the rail off and placed water bottles on the injectors. None are spraying. Te sound I hear is the flow of gasoline on the rail. The pump won't stop pumping. I confirmed it by placing a bottle on the return line part of the rail.

You are only guessing. It is time you get some data to make troubleshooting decisions. You need to really know what your fuel pressure is.
Right now Harbour Freight has their Fuel Injector Pump Tester, item 92699, normally $29.99 on sale for $19.99, on line or in the store. The kit includes a hose that you can leave connected to the test valve on the fuel rail, while you do your troubleshooting. How do you know you are rally hearing the sound of fuel flowing through the rail? Where is the fuel going to cause the flow, if there is no obvious leak or fuel going through the return line? Stop guessing and capture some data. I am not on the HF payroll, I just see it as a good value, especially in your time of need.

Mofo- fuel pressure is 39 engine off and 30 engine on.
I'm not guessing.
The rail was off with bottles and there were no leaks. The return line was off and tht confirmed that it's the open line that's keeping the fuel from flowing constantly and not a fuel injector.

I still don't understand the issue that's keeping the pump running while the key is on... And why the flow doesn't stop.....

IIRC, the rig you run is a Renix and has a bypass pressure regulator. In other words, the pump runs pretty much all the time. The regulator acts kind of like a waste gate on a supercharger. It opens just enough to keep the pressure where it is supposed to be. The excess gas is returned to the tank. It actually is a good way to do it because you are always getting cooler gas from the tank, rather than have it sit in the rail and heat up, causing vapor lock.

Back