• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Indy May 20

xjk9bar1

NAXJA Forum User
A few from today...

IndyMay07007.jpg

IndyMay07018.jpg

IndyMay07014.jpg

Check out my new hood/grill alignment...got some work to do this week before Memorial Day...I'll post some close-up's as I tear it down to fix it.

IndyMay07037.jpg

The smoke if from a power steering line that came loose on me...

It was washed/dug out pretty good so I used better judgement and ran Liberty instead of Patriot.

Here's a few of my pics:

Bunker Hill/Patriot

P5190033.jpg

P5190035.jpg

P5190043.jpg

P5190040.jpg

P5190064.jpg

P5190058.jpg

P5190075.jpg

P5190083.jpg

Liberty:
100_0151.jpg

100_0152.jpg

100_0158.jpg

P5190090.jpg

P5190093.jpg

Damage for the day:
Led- 3 broken axle shafts, 1 valve stem, bent tie-rod
Me- 1 crushed valve stem (still holding air), bent tie-rod
Justin (freerider15)- 1 ball joint, 1 5150 shock,1 broken inner and outer axle shaft
Joey- power steering line

All in all a good day.:cheers:

Last edited:
Re: Indy May 20 ***W/ Damage Report***

So what I thought was just a little dent/shift of the fenders was a little more extensive than I thought. The whole front clip shifted to the passenger side causing the main bulk head of the tub/fire wall to buckle at both passenger and drivers side slightly! The front corner of the hood was compressed. Passenger door is out of whack, but I managed to get the door back on. So I removed the tube fenders to reset the inner wells and grill. So far, everything looks like it will back together...but it's time for me to rethink the tube fender's. Maybe no fenders at all...just reinforcement of the upper fenders w/ some exo!

You can see a little bit of the buckeling above the Yukon sticker
Damage3.jpg

Bent the crap out of the grill...but didn't break a light!
Damage2.jpg

Some thing looks different here?
Damage1.jpg

Half pack of Camel Straights, my favorite sleeveless Billy Ray Cyrus concert shirt, one flip flop (left, size "medium" i think), a lime green comb and a autographed Nadia Comaneci poster.

Holy crap Joey! Another reason I'm not going the tube fender route. Remind me this weekend and I'll show you what I'm gonna do with my fenders. You must have really set yourself down hard.

off topic: when are you and the fam heading down? We're bailing at 4:00 on Friday... hopefully be there by 7:00 with traffic? I'm already stocked up on man-soda's. Just need to finish the stinger and pack up.

planefixer said:
Liberty:

P5190093.jpg

Damage for the day:
Led- 3 broken axle shafts, 1 valve stem, bent tie-rod
Me- 1 crushed valve stem (still holding air), bent tie-rod
Justin (freerider15)- 1 ball joint, 1 5150 shock,1 broken inner and outer axle shaft
Joey- power steering line

All in all a good day.:cheers:

Wow that paint looks FRESH! :) What is that, NEON BLUE? :) So it looks like LED swapped to full width 44 front and 9" rear since the last time I saw the rig? Oh yeah, white went away for lime green! So what shafts did LED break? Stock or alloy or what? Jeff

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
Wow that paint looks FRESH! :) What is that, NEON BLUE? :) So it looks like LED swapped to full width 44 front and 9" rear since the last time I saw the rig? Oh yeah, white went away for lime green! So what shafts did LED break? Stock or alloy or what? Jeff
3 stock shafts in one day

Well, I got the thing home wenesday evening, and really havent touched it much. Still have no front left shock, no inner driver's side axle shaft, etc. Im really starting to get tired of having problems with my brakes. Once I got the MC and brakes re-bleed, it was fine again. But I could slowly feel them starting to get worse and worse until about 20 minutes ago when I had next to no brakes :mad:. So now I need to figure out WTF is giving me problems AGAIN. Needless to say im parking it ASAP as soon as I get the brakes dealt with on my DD. Fukking brakes...ARG! :smsoap:

Back