• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Incompetent i am! Where to have brake lines flared?

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
I have a flaring tool, tube cutter, etc etc.. then i found out that i actually NEED a "double flaring tool" because mine is only a single flaring tool.. so i rented the double flaring tool.. I had to cut both my brake lines in order to install the longer Chevy lines..

I have not even tried to bleed my lines and already fear a leak. is there a place i can take the rig to and have this job done professionally? I would love to think i know everything, but brakes are something i fear.. :skull2:

It's not hard to do just make sure the clamp is really fricken tight!
I got mine off of amazon for 15ish $

If it makes you feel any better the person that installed my line lock on my stang put atleast 6 kinks in my line. Still stops just a bit spongy o_O

Last edited:
Fwiw I found that removing the old lines and installing new ones was easier

Why do you NEED a double flare tool?

I reflared all the lines on my WJ booster, which were originally double, but I single flared them. They leaked until I REALLY tightened them down.

Why do you NEED a double flare tool?

I reflared all the lines on my WJ booster, which were originally double, but I single flared them. They leaked until I REALLY tightened them down.

You just answered your own question. Single flared lines don't seal as well, they also are prone to cracking out at the edges resulting in leaks that you can't just tighten to seal up. I'd get 'em double-flared for safety and peace of mind.

Double flaring is standard for the automotive field from what i have read.

My XJ was single flared. My dual diaphram booster/mc setup was never as solid as my Original renix setup

Back