• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Improve your shackle angle

Did an install on a 98 jeep, no major fitment issues just missing one hole.

Added the 4th hole for the 97 and up heeps......

These are on sale month of December only.

Im considering these for my 2000. Do you still have to weld them? Are they dangerous if you don't? And they give you an inch of lift right? An inch more out back would really even out my rig.

Oh and whats the normal price? Just seeing if I should get them for Christmas or wait till spring when they would go on.

Thanks!

Lift depends on shackle length & angle. 3/4" is common.
Normally ~130+shipping, I think
You should still weld them. The welds go in the "C" channel that the shackle bolts through, not the main box itself. If you don't weld it, well, nobody can guarantee that your shackle is going to stay where you want it. Some claim to have run it both weld and trouble free... me? I'd add heat, as manufacturer recommends.

Lift depends on shackle length & angle. 3/4" is common.
Normally ~130+shipping, I think
You should still weld them. The welds go in the "C" channel that the shackle bolts through, not the main box itself. If you don't weld it, well, nobody can guarantee that your shackle is going to stay where you want it. Some claim to have run it both weld and trouble free... me? I'd add heat, as manufacturer recommends.

Most of this is right, but the main bracket should be welded to the jeep as well.

Regular price is $145 to your door, they are on sale for $125 to your door ( I do not see these going on sale again until next DEC).

Hey Brian, am I gonna have to add a hole to mine? If so where?

Im considering these for my 2000. Do you still have to weld them? Are they dangerous if you don't? And they give you an inch of lift right? An inch more out back would really even out my rig.

Oh and whats the normal price? Just seeing if I should get them for Christmas or wait till spring when they would go on.

Thanks!

I added three more bolts to the two that were already there so I didn't have to weld them. They will not move.

The hole farthest back along the frame. It will be very obvious when you look at it.

Ok thanks, my cousins grandpa has a drill press, we will get her figured out! :D

PIC-0226.jpg

PIC-0223.jpg
Do I spy a weld defect? Not saying it's any problem, just saying.

Yeah they aren't the prettiest welds. I asked the guy at my local shop to quick weld em and they did. It held up fine until I had to cut em off to adjust them again.

Just bought a set of these. Currently have 1.5" lift shackeles in the rear with 4" spring packs and ~5.5" springs in the front. Rear sits a little higher than the front, maybe about level. Am I looking at a set of stock shackles or 1" lift shackles to set it back to about where it's at?

Does anyone know what the minimum lift with these is? Looks like 45* is optimal for ride and droop?

Just bought a set of these. Currently have 1.5" lift shackeles in the rear with 4" spring packs and ~5.5" springs in the front. Rear sits a little higher than the front, maybe about level. Am I looking at a set of stock shackles or 1" lift shackles to set it back to about where it's at?

Does anyone know what the minimum lift with these is? Looks like 45* is optimal for ride and droop?

Lift depends on the angle you set the shackle. If you go from vertical to 45, you will net about .75" to 1" of lift. If you keep it vertical, then you will net 1.5". Stock shackles don't work too well with these brackets. I run them and they bind if you set the angles less than 65 degrees or if you have no bumpstops.

Lift depends on the angle you set the shackle. If you go from vertical to 45, you will net about .75" to 1" of lift. If you keep it vertical, then you will net 1.5". Stock shackles don't work too well with these brackets. I run them and they bind if you set the angles less than 65 degrees or if you have no bumpstops.

Thanks! Can you approximate how many inches of down travel / droop these typically add? Trying to figure out if I'll need to source longer shocks for the rear.

I actually got alot more lift out of these then everyone else (not sure why but it's a good thing for me.)

With current springs at 3.5" (add a leaf and longer shackles) I gained 1" at the 2nd from frontmost position.
IMG00396-20110109-1539.jpg

and 1 3/4" at the middle position.
IMG00397-20110109-1610.jpg

I don't know how you guys only got 1/2-3/4" or 1" at full vertical but I'm happy I ended up only 1/4" shy of my 5.5" lift goal after putting these on an existing 3.5" lift. I'll actually probably pick up that extra 1/4" in the rear when I get the front lifted up next weekend.

I don't know how you guys only got 1/2-3/4" or 1" at full vertical but I'm happy I ended up only 1/4" shy of my 5.5" lift goal after putting these on an existing 3.5" lift. I'll actually probably pick up that extra 1/4" in the rear when I get the front lifted up next weekend.

how were your angles before? if they were more horizontal than they are now, then there is your answer. you added lift by making the shackle a bit more vertical and added the bracket.

I am really, really jealous of your lack of rust...

You got that much lift because of how much you add heightwise in the bracket. If you measure from the old mounting hole for the shackle to the new one directly below it, it's probably 2-4". The reason most get less lift than that when adding the boxes is that the shackle angle goes to more like 45 degrees, so they are in effect lifting by adding the boxes, then lowering by changing the shackle angle to a better one.

The longer your shackles are, the more pronounced the difference in height will be when you correct the shackle angle. Those with stock length shackles will likely only see a 1/2" to 1" difference in height from shackle boxes installed, with the same lousy shackle angle set, to shackle boxes installed with a good shackle angle set. On the other hand, if your shackles are 10" long for instance, there will be approx 3" height difference between vertical shackles and shackles at 45 degrees (both with the shackle boxes installed.)

I have the shackle relocation brackets, and teraflex 1 3/4 lift shackles. Right now, it seems that the shackles are too long. For example i feel like if i was wheeling rocks, and i had to back up, and the shackle hit a rock, the leaf spring would bend.

Im just wondering what you guys would consider a *perfect* shackle for these would be. Im thinking a boomerang shackle of some sort, but idk.

Back