• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Just received notification of Linkin Park and Rise Against playing in Des Moines on Feb 6. Its a friday show at that. Gonna be a good time.

Andy, you down? The wifey isnt too interested in the show, so I got a room at Stoney Creek so she and Case and swim and chill while I go to the show.

Cheese "will be a good show" Man

Maybe, have check, can't say I'm a fan of ether but eh what the hell.

Celebrating New Years tonight to avoid the idiots and I have to work Monster Jam starting 8am the 1st. I've got a few movies to watch, some Bourbon County Stout to drink and order China food for New Years eve.

I'm at the drycleaner...

Our 90's model normal top loader isn't big enough to wash the comforter.

At $7 bucks every two weeks, it will take a long time to buy a washer/dryer big enough to wash it at home.

When these break, I have another set standing by. I pull them out and take them to an old man down the street that fixes them, use the back up set in the mean time. I have total in purchase and repairs less than $200 (one set came with the house) in the last 15 years of owning my own washers and dryers.

mac 'maybe someday they will get updated...but not anytime soon' gyvr

Sounds like the washer we bought last year was a bigger capacity because we can fit a comforter and a blanket in it. I didn't realize it was that big.

I hated our front loaders and left them at our old house even though they were only 5 years old. 10 year old toploaders at the new house work way better.

**** SEARS

x2

the only reason we bought a kenmore fridge is because it was identical to the model we were going to get and $100 cheaper. I felt good knowing that it was likely sears was losing money on it.

other than that, haven't shopped at a sears in 15 years.

Just received notification of Linkin Park and Rise Against playing in Des Moines on Feb 6. Its a friday show at that. Gonna be a good time.

Andy, you down? The wifey isnt too interested in the show, so I got a room at Stoney Creek so she and Case and swim and chill while I go to the show.

Cheese "will be a good show" Man

joe from rise against used to play in a band with a friend of mine...88 fingers louie, back in the 90's.

have a great time at the show!

cheers,

jj

x2

the only reason we bought a kenmore fridge is because it was identical to the model we were going to get and $100 cheaper. I felt good knowing that it was likely sears was losing money on it.

other than that, haven't shopped at a sears in 15 years.

We bought $8,000.00 worth of appliances from them in Dec of 2012 for delivery in Sept of 2013. One day in June (before we even took delivery of the crap) we received a water filter for the refrigerator we had not taken delivery of yet. and we has a $65.00 charge on our credit card. I told them I did not order a water filter and they need to refund the $65.00. They said they would not, blah blah blah. Finally after an hour on the phone they said they would refund the money if I returned the filter either by mail of at the store. I told them to send me a pre-paid address label because the store was 45 mins away.
Finally after sending them this info I got the refund and I just threw away the water filter last month.
I asked for a full refund on all of the appliances and we ended up getting all Samsung stuff for $1500.00 less.
Sears can suck it!

Just got a returned email from tapatalk from a crash email I sent.....they have gotten too many emails and the email is full

Was informed today of a lot of changes happening after the new year mostly regarding safety. In reality it's less work for me for the same pay but at the same time what they're taking away is what I enjoy about my job for at least 2 years. Depending what happens I'm debating on flopping to the control side and forfeiting the electrician apprenticeship.

Decisions

Was informed today of a lot of changes happening after the new year mostly regarding safety. In reality it's less work for me for the same pay but at the same time what they're taking away is what I enjoy about my job for at least 2 years. Depending what happens I'm debating on flopping to the control side and forfeiting the electrician apprenticeship.

Decisions

OSHA? We had a guy early in the year get hit working on one of the buss rails and luckily he wasn't severely injured. I think, if it weren't for my disease, I'd want to be an electrician. Unfortunately I just physically can't do a lot of what they do. I'm good at wiring stuff.

OSHA? We had a guy early in the year get hit working on one of the buss rails and luckily he wasn't severely injured. I think, if it weren't for my disease, I'd want to be an electrician. Unfortunately I just physically can't do a lot of what they do. I'm good at wiring stuff.

From what it sounds like, I'll be limited to <50v. Which damn near everything in the plant is AC. I also would not be allowed to open a panel to reset a breaker. Because I don't have 4,000 hours.

Now I realize they do this to protect the safety of whatever inbred they hire off the streets or out of high school but I'm different than most other people. And I'm not sure I want to be a "parts changer" for the next two years. My electrical skills are way above that.

I feel like it would be the same as, if I were still in the industry, being a master auto tech they told me I could only change oil and bust tires for the next two years.

I'm doing what I do now because I enjoy troubleshooting. I don't do well sitting in a chair all day, that's why I never took an engineer position. I'm not a tech anymore because I wanted to try something different.

So anyways do I stick it out for 2 years to do what I do currently and stick it out another 2 to get my license. Or do I flip to the control side and make $3 more an hour.

Being a licensed electrician is a goal I'd like to get someday. But at the same time I could be making another 6k a year just going to the control side.

Last edited:
But then you have to deal with controls engineers, the putz that was over my old line tried to program a fanuc robot without training and it took a week for that idiot to get it almost working half assed. I've been fiddling with those robots for the whole time I've been employed there, I'm smart enough to know not to try and program shit if I dont know anything about it. As for the 4000 hour rule, I've seen journeymen come off the street do plenty of careless things. Common sense keeps you from losing limbs and dying, not your level of training.

Back