• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Well my buddy's Honda lives to fight another day. He passed on that Jeep that we looked at and is getting his dash wiring replaced in it for $450. Thats a lot cheaper than another shop in town quoted him. Without even looking at it they said it would be $500 just in Labor. This guy took the car at 12:30 and had the parts sourced by 1! Hopefully it works out ok for him.

Gotta get my sweat pants, a tight Tshirt and my tennis shoes out. More truck drivin' in the morning!

Gotta get my sweat pants, a tight Tshirt and my tennis shoes out. More truck drivin' in the morning!

Pigpen, this here's the rubber duck and I'm about to lay the hammer down. Speaking of that, the jeep saw 4800 today because an Indian lady in a miata wouldn't let me over.

Just found out that the guy hired the same time as me is in the hospital. He rolled his Ranger 4-5 times on I-80, broke several ribs and has some internal injuries. He is expected to fully recover. No details on the cause of the roll.

Kinda makes you think.

Rev

Just found out that the guy hired the same time as me is in the hospital. He rolled his Ranger 4-5 times on I-80, broke several ribs and has some internal injuries. He is expected to fully recover. No details on the cause of the roll.

Kinda makes you think.

Rev

Glad to hear he is going to recover. I'm lucky for being able to walk away from my wreck. Someone was looking out for him.

Makes mine look like child's play! Best of luck to him.

the jeep saw 4800 today because an Indian lady in a miata wouldn't let me over.

Damn inline motors, no rev range on them. And they do not sound happy when they are banging off the rev limiter...

Kinda makes you think.

Rev

Even though I80 is pretty rural (outside Chicago at least), I bet he was moving pretty quick. Although those kinds of wrecks seem to happen "all the time," it really is pretty rare when a rollover like that happens to somebody you know. Considering highway speed and being in one of the smallest of the "mid size trucks," I think he fared pretty well. The internal injuries are a little concerning though, but given the full recovery estimate I hope he is going to come out alright. Best of luck to him.

Needless to say, be safe driving out there Rev. You run more miles out there than most of us. Same goes for all you other people that are traveling/transporting for a living.

Pigpen, this here's the rubber duck and I'm about to lay the hammer down. Speaking of that, the jeep saw 4800 today because an Indian lady in a miata wouldn't let me over.

Meah, BFD..........I set my cruise at 4700.

come talk to me when you're 1500 past the redline.

87 "renix don't need no stinking revlimiter" manche

saw a turkey get hit by a semi this morning...looked like someone cut a pillow open and all the feathers went flying everywhere...with turkey guts and stuff as well :D

I almost never look at the tach, just listen. I've bounced the limiter a few times. First time was about 5 hours after I took delivery. Gotta see what she can do from a sit still....

I hit the rev limiter doing 80mph in the left lane of i90... Nothing like a suddenly-slipping aw4 to wreck your day. It was a long drive home at 40mph in 1st/2nd gear.

I almost never look at the tach, just listen. I've bounced the limiter a few times. First time was about 5 hours after I took delivery. Gotta see what she can do from a sit still....

kinda hard to hear the engine revs when the subs are thumpin :listenmus

BOB

I just cant get past the point that I think I need another truck. I love my Chevy crewcab, but we have enough farm trucks around and I am pondering selling it and going the route of an International crewcab as a toter rig and I can use it on farm as well for heavy hauling for hay trailers etc. I could just use the YJ to keep running back and forth to the office as well as the XJ, the Nissan pick ups or Camilles car. I could sell my Chevy and pick up a nice International big truck for the same price or less.....decisions decisions....

I just cant get past the point that I think I need another truck. I love my Chevy crewcab, but we have enough farm trucks around and I am pondering selling it and going the route of an International crewcab as a toter rig and I can use it on farm as well for heavy hauling for hay trailers etc. I could just use the YJ to keep running back and forth to the office as well as the XJ, the Nissan pick ups or Camilles car. I could sell my Chevy and pick up a nice International big truck for the same price or less.....decisions decisions....

You buying that XJ too? You poor, poor farmer. :looser:

Kinda makes you think.

Rev

Our prayers go out to him wishing hime a full and speedy recovery.

You buying that XJ too? You poor, poor farmer. :looser:

not sure if I will buy the XJ...just thinking about versatile vehicles and lowering property taxes on vehicles..newer vehicles are much higher on taxes in Missouri..if I drop below a 2000 model it will make a big difference. Like I said, just pondering the thoughts right now...momma is not caring either way right now...so I may ned to strike before she says "no".

Back