• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Facebook destroyed forums!!

I remember spending hours on here and GL4x4, used to be pages upon pages of unread posts every day. Now theres only a couple.

And photobucket, **** those guys!!

I found Imager works pretty well for photo hosting. Instant gratification and people being lazy has made social media popular. Pgotobucket thing was tbe nail in rhe coffin, lost SO many great tech pics to thier asshattery its sad.

So....air vs cordless impact, what would you guys rather have? I got a Makita 18V Subcompact set for christmas, so married to that setup for a while. I have the IRO compressor w/ 20ft hose in the jeep, so access to power for either is there. Looking to keep it $ 150 or under hopefully, so not getting anything premium. What do you guys think?

You're not going to find anything worth anything in electric for $150 or less. Even the high end HF impact is like $280/90. Been hearing some decent reviews on it FWIW, but the Milwaukee M18 Fuel is where it's at in the cordless guns. Not cheap though. Almost $500!

Pretty much figured as much. I've eyeballed the Makita that John posted, as I already have batteries but that's $250 bare tool. I'd love to have all Milwaukee fuel tools, but life gave me Makita lemons and I'm cheap. Will most likely pick up an air impact to keep in the jeep. Only real place air would be a problem is at the JY

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Keep an eye on the Amazon warehouse deals, or for a refurbished one

its crazy to think how many hundreds of hours I have spent scouring the JY for parts or the next "prize" item....now a days, I cant hardly get myself to even want to go to the JY, I just order crap new online and have it shipped. If I still actively wheeled or the red XJ needed a t case or big ticket item, I may consider it....or pay someone that is more eager than I am to go pull it.

I was counting up rigs a while back n Collin and I parted a few, but I came up with 23 XJ's n MJ's owned and/or parted out of my shops. I still find random totes in the barn with XJ craps in them.

I was counting up rigs a while back n Collin and I parted a few, but I came up with 23 XJ's n MJ's owned and/or parted out of my shops. I still find random totes in the barn with XJ craps in them.

I dobt even want to know how many we have sold/parted out/junked, its a sickeningly high number how many were thrown away. We lost 25+ when the city cracked down on us in 08. I have stuff in my shed that im sure is no longer good, heck I lnow i have at least 6 sets of Good vent windows and 3 or 5 sets of fixed vents and who knows how many switches, latches, seatbelts so on and so on. Maybe this spring I can get it all sorted out for a new owner.

Seriously. Someone needs to buy this thing. Not a bad buy for 3700.
4c1c581c3b9421fff52515c1b8f5889a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So E lockers.... Anything I should be afraid of? Picking up a D30 with 4.10s and an E locker tomorrow. I figure just send 12v to the locker, should show if its kicking in or not.

Anyrhing else aside from it locking and unlocking I should look for?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Guys with the Makita cordless stuff. I have the 3 amp hour batteries now. I wanted to pick up a couple more and one of those impacts. But I see the 3 a/h batteries are discontinued. Can I use the 5.0 a/h ones or should I start scouring the local used tool place and ghetto pawn for rebuildable ones?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Back