• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Been driving a 2015 f150 since yesterday. They are really comfortable up front, my wife has been in the back with her parents and the leg room in back is amazingly big. Doesn't get that bad of gas mileage for a full size truck (when not using e85). Averaging 20-22 on highway speeds in very hilly areas here in stark/Holmes county Ohio.
Hell I didn't know you where in my neck of the woods. We could have had lunch or something...

Well i found a set of WJ cloth seats for $5 on CL. Gonna see them tomorrow. You guys think its worth the swap? My driver has the ghetto lean which i tried to fix with foam and failed miserably

That's a great price if it runs/drives.

Check for rust, but the ZJ's don't rust anything like the XJs.

mac 'ZJ is a great buy in 4x4s right now, especially 96-98' gyvr
Thats what i was hoping to hear. Anything i should look for/shy away from in particular? If i get it will probably get NP242 and a BB with 31s

Thats what i was hoping to hear. Anything i should look for/shy away from in particular? If i get it will probably get NP242 and a BB with 31s

With just over 100k, the price is really good.

The hatches almost always rust at the bottom. Sometimes the hood. Sometimes the rockers and I've seen one where there was a lot of rust around the front and rear control arms.

They are calling it a 96, but looking at the pics posted those are of a 93-95. The interior is different. While not all bad, it's OBI vs OBII, which is my mind is easier to diagnose and such. You'd want a 95 or eariler tcase. It could have the 242 stock in it as they came with all three tcases, the 242, 249 and 231. It's a Laredo, those came with both the 4.0 and the 5.2, but I don't see a v8 badge, so I'm guessing it's the 4.0.

The door hinges wear out (probably saw my pics of my 5.9). Otherwise look for obvious stuff, they are a pretty solid machine.

If it's solid at all and run/drives, I'd buy it for the price...

mac 'well after an initial low ball offer :)' gyvr

With just over 100k, the price is really good.

The hatches almost always rust at the bottom. Sometimes the hood. Sometimes the rockers and I've seen one where there was a lot of rust around the front and rear control arms.

They are calling it a 96, but looking at the pics posted those are of a 93-95. The interior is different. While not all bad, it's OBI vs OBII, which is my mind is easier to diagnose and such. You'd want a 95 or eariler tcase. It could have the 242 stock in it as they came with all three tcases, the 242, 249 and 231. It's a Laredo, those came with both the 4.0 and the 5.2, but I don't see a v8 badge, so I'm guessing it's the 4.0.

The door hinges wear out (probably saw my pics of my 5.9). Otherwise look for obvious stuff, they are a pretty solid machine.

If it's solid at all and run/drives, I'd buy it for the price...

mac 'well after an initial low ball offer :)' gyvr
And that era 4.0l also featured the 42r auto transmission. That is the worst of the Chrysler autos. One of the reasons that era goes so cheap.

That zj does look pretty good from there pics. Like Matt said tho it looks like a 93-95 body style tho. Still not a bad jeep for the price. Just look it over really good and use best judgement.

If you're buying a zj might as well go big...

92668b7e2d3674effc60bbe998ae34c2.jpg

Hell I didn't know you where in my neck of the woods. We could have had lunch or something...

I was with my wife, her brother and parents. Got in Wednesday, visited family. Thursday was shopping (looking for potential baby furniture, got a high chair because we don't know when we will be back in the area. We usually go once a year), and visiting more family. Friday was pick up furniture and pack truck and go home. It wouldn't of worked out, I barely got 20 minutes to meet up with a friend near Cincinnati (Huber Heights area) because we all rode in a single vehicle and they were ready to go home.

Note to self: sometimes (most of the time) it is better to drive yourself, even if it means you are using your own gas.

There is a non rusty square body suburban with a 6.2 for sale here for $1000 that needs a tranny...I hate the 6.2 but I have a soft spot for the old burbs. I'm hoping someone else buys it before I consider going to look at it

Got this on Saturday. '70 302/c4 53k RV conversion done in 71ish, I'm 3rd owner, northern Iowa barn find. Thinking personalized plates that say NOCANDY

There is a non rusty square body suburban with a 6.2 for sale here for $1000 that needs a tranny...I hate the 6.2 but I have a soft spot for the old burbs. I'm hoping someone else buys it before I consider going to look at it

Throw a 6.5 top end on it and make it turbo.

Loved my 6.5s.

Auto dealer guys, the radio in 'Yota went out last year. I got them to replace it under warranty. I found out it was a used radio. Now it is acting up again and the truck is now out of warranty. The dealer said to bad the truck is out of warranty there is nothing they can do now. Where do I go from here?

Back