• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

kick him in his dick, then while he's on the ground grab him and baby shake him until he gives you want you want.

"You don't know where I've been Lou!"

I can't find good people to work at all. Bunch of retards who do t want to show up to work.....I am taking my starting pay to 14 so I can be a little more choosy

alright. I've been with my company for 9 years and doing the fleet mechanic part for 10 months. I got a dollar and some change an hour raise but lost at least 10 hours a pay period so it really only leveled it self out. The guy that was training me lost his job for being an idiot so I've been doing his job now too for the past 5 months.
I was offered a job at a local tow place that primarily does big rigs and heavy wrecker work as their fleet guy at their new sub station and they offered a $2/hr raise. now I'm comfortable where I am and get a lot of freedom and don't really have a boss so I would like to stay where I am but that raise sounds good right now since I'm trying to buy a house. I want to approach my supervisor and ask for a raise from them but I've never done that. should I tell him about the offer? should I tell him how much I want? should I start high and settle on what I want? they are looking to hire another tech here but cant get anyone to pass the strict backgrounds we have to work here so I think I have some to bargaining power with that too
Tell them you have a job offer and include the $2 an hr raise. Tell them you could use the hours and extra money they are offering you since you are needing to buy a house and have another baby on the way. Ask them what they can do for you.

I can't find good people to work at all. Bunch of retards who do t want to show up to work.....I am taking my starting pay to 14 so I can be a little more choosy

Same problem here.

Jason if you are a good worker, know your shit, and you are the only person available, they WILL pay to stay. You truly have the upper hand. I just got $3 an hour (should've asked for more because they didn't counter). And as I was told it would still cost them more to find somebody that knows what I do and actually comes to work without a bunch of drama.

I cant get good help even paying cash at the end of the day....hell, I had to hire in SeanR to come 6 hours away to help wire up my shed bc the locals wont show up for the job. I am at $15/hr cash for day workers and I rarely get anyone to show for more than a week....they all want the flexibility but complain that there are not enough hours.

I tell them I am paying them as laborers, not managers, manage their own time on their own time and just do as I tell them. I do not ask them to do anything, I am paying them to do it. Hell, no drug test, no back ground check and 10-20 hours a week and using my tools or equipment...that's all sorts of easy dope money.

As for raises, the GOV only gives the raises as the pay schedule is set up..occasionally a performance or merit award of under $1000...but those are less than once a year and never a given.

I wasn't looking for a job. they contacted me.

cheeseman, if I were closer id come work for you on the weekends. I'm looking for a every other weekend gig too just for extra blow and hooker cash

cheeseman, if I were closer id come work for you on the weekends. I'm looking for a every other weekend gig too just for extra blow and hooker cash

just go to his place, the hookers are two for the price of one out there!

just go to his place, the farm animals are two for the price of one out there!

fixed even though its the same thing for MWC guys

I had a hooker in KC offer to blow crack smoke on my buddy for $25....she probably had a car payment due :D

I cant get good help even paying cash at the end of the day....hell, I had to hire in SeanR to come 6 hours away to help wire up my shed bc the locals wont show up for the job. I am at $15/hr cash for day workers and I rarely get anyone to show for more than a week....they all want the flexibility but complain that there are not enough hours.

I tell them I am paying them as laborers, not managers, manage their own time on their own time and just do as I tell them. I do not ask them to do anything, I am paying them to do it. Hell, no drug test, no back ground check and 10-20 hours a week and using my tools or equipment...that's all sorts of easy dope money.

As for raises, the GOV only gives the raises as the pay schedule is set up..occasionally a performance or merit award of under $1000...but those are less than once a year and never a given.
and I ask you for a job and you said no

I had a hooker in KC offer to blow crack smoke on my buddy for $25....she probably had a car payment due :D
Where do you troll at? I only ever had one offer to give me a BJ for an order of Capt. D's fish and chips and the one that said I could have her for the weekend if her and her kids could stay in my hotel room and not their car.

Those of you who have been to king of the hammers... What's needed to get around out there? Will a stock 2wd truck on A/Ts make it to spectator areas? Obviously taking the XJ would be ideal but I'm not sure if we're going to drive or fly and then rent a SUV when we get there. Or trailer the XJ out and tent camp. Or pull a travel trailer. Trying to make travel plans and don't have a clue what to expect once we get there

Those of you who have been to king of the hammers... What's needed to get around out there? Will a stock 2wd truck on A/Ts make it to spectator areas? Obviously taking the XJ would be ideal but I'm not sure if we're going to drive or fly and then rent a SUV when we get there. Or trailer the XJ out and tent camp. Or pull a travel trailer. Trying to make travel plans and don't have a clue what to expect once we get there

I rented a 2014 Cherokee

Hammers rated

There's a rental place in Ontario that has jeep wranglers. I had a 4wd JKU for a week for $325.

I also saw a Jeep Liberty fly that week, immediately followed by an airborne 2 door wrangler.

When I returned the wrangler before my flight, I apologized to the guy because I couldn't find a car wash to blow the dirt off. He said "don't worry about it, you should have seen the Jeep Liberty and 2 door wrangler these guys just turned in." :)

Last edited:
Was it someplace that specifically rents jeeps or you just reserved a jeep from one of the national chains?

Fox rental cars. They're a chain, just not as reputable as hertz, enterprise, etc.

It felt a little shady, the reviews are mixed, but it was the only company that advertised 4wd wranglers. I didn't have any issues other than the sketchy bus ride from the terminal to the off-airport car place.

Back