• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Re: Re: Important

I fly minimum once a week for work, all over the country. Racked up some miles quick. Was Silver Preferred status with US Air in September, and just hit Platinum Preferred last weekend. Blew right through Gold Preferred in just under two months. That's a 25,000 mile gap between Silver and Platinum. The flight is free and now that i'm Platinum they wave the "awards processing fees" to book the ticket. Only thing that's left to pay is the tax.

uncc '5 trips to California and back in the last two weeks' 99xj

Did that when it was America West. Chicago to LA and back twice a month and all over Kookifornia on puddle jumpers.

W_'never sat in the back' howey

I love driving when on vacation because you can add in stops on the way. On my last vacation, I did two stops before I got to my destination. Stopped in Nashville, TN for the night and went to the Opry. Then we went and visited with my aunt in Florida before driving to Daytona Beach. On the way home from Orlando, we drove just north of Birmingham and then went to Nashville again on the way home. On our June vacation, we did a bunch of different stops. North Carolina to Ohio to Pennsylvania back to Ohio and then home.

Stopped in ohio twice... that had to suck. :D

Did that when it was America West. Chicago to LA and back twice a month and all over Kookifornia on puddle jumpers.

W_'never sat in the back' howey
Yeah I rarely sit in the back anymore. I learned real quick you want to be at the front of the plane. Especially when there's a tight connection somewhere. I have been enjoying first class upgrades recently too.

Case in point, this is what my flight home on Monday afternoon consisted of:

eb0bb9211624037a91e25be9c7c10a0c.jpg

Uncc '4.5 hours of rum and cokes' 99xj

Stopped in ohio twice... that had to suck. :D

My wife has family in the Berlin area, good place to stock up on amish goods (like cheese and outdoor furniture). The only other thing I did in Ohio was go to the Columbus Zoo. Also Jungle Jims grocery store and Ikea in Cinci area.

Last edited:
We only stop for fuel. It's always been that way, but the trucks were 300 mile crusing range, now with the comfy 600+ crusing range now, and a bathroom on board...we are going to be practicing switching drivers...

mac 'has never stopped to smell the roses' gyvr

I took a form of Rt. 66 a few years ago form Joliet to Oklahoma we must have stopped 50 times to check out interesting road side attractions. fantastic drive.

but i love road trips and taking it all in. the only reason we went to New York last month was because i had 3 days vacation left and hadn't taken a road trip yet this year. so we picked up a 10+hour trip.

for some reason, i don't consider something a "real" road trip unless its about 9+hours of driving 1 way.

What sockets/wrenches/tools do I need to remove/install an alternator?

15 mm foe tensioner and alternator I think...then a 10 mm to take the wire off the stud...I think. Just swapped one in a parking lot two weeks ago but im guessing. You'll need a wrench to grab the back side of the bolts and a hammer to pound it out if it's wedged tight

What sockets/wrenches/tools do I need to remove/install an alternator?

Search button is at the top of the page...

I travel about 50% of the time, Gold on Delta currently and get at least emergency exit rows or bulkhead if not 1st.

My ticket back to Vermont of Xmas was $10 plus miles ;)

I've driven to California twice...now that's a road trip...

mac 'OTR for fun' gyvr

My son lives out in California. They have made the drive out there and back atleast 8 times now. That's a lot of miles on a car

Yeah I rarely sit in the back anymore. I learned real quick you want to be at the front of the plane. Especially when there's a tight connection somewhere. I have been enjoying first class upgrades recently too.

Case in point, this is what my flight home on Monday afternoon consisted of:

eb0bb9211624037a91e25be9c7c10a0c.jpg

Uncc '4.5 hours of rum and cokes' 99xj

Back in the day.. you didn't even have to ask to get moved up front.. pay for the ticket in the back.. check in and out popped a front seat.

I really am glad, I don't have to do that much traveling anymore.
The perks were great, but the airport stuff sucked.

15 mm foe tensioner and alternator I think...then a 10 mm to take the wire off the stud...I think. Just swapped one in a parking lot two weeks ago but im guessing. You'll need a wrench to grab the back side of the bolts and a hammer to pound it out if it's wedged tight

Thank you.

Back in the day.. you didn't even have to ask to get moved up front.. pay for the ticket in the back.. check in and out popped a front seat.

I really am glad, I don't have to do that much traveling anymore.
The perks were great, but the airport stuff sucked.
The perks are definitely great, but it takes a lot of miles to get to those perks.

I'll get you fancy beer!

Back