• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm the Greatest ******* Driver EVAH!!!!

Without blowing up a tire like Chris did in his wife's subaru

:gag:

yeah, Cody will have to send you a bill. :D AND, I didn't blow one of the wife's subi tires... it developed a slow leak. Or something.;)

no, no worries Nick, no warranty work for you. ;) That's WHY she finally got new tires -- as you saw, the old ones were pretty bald anyways, but I gave the drivers front the death blow trying to climb the driveway in the snow a couple weeks ago...

I bet my Audi would cruise right up that biotch. Everybody knows that Audi's "advanced" (as has barely changed since it came out in 1980ish) Quattro system is far superior to Subaru's paltry (nearly identical) attempt at AWD.

Just make sure the snow isn't too deep so my low to the ground sport sedan doesn't get high centered. :D

yeah, the subi was doing a nice 4-wheel spinout and falling off the 6% grade to the north with its bald tires. Climbed right up this week with the new rubber from Nick & BigO!

Have you looked into road base yet Chris? Its just ground up, recycled (I know your liberal arse likes that) asphalt that you take a steam roller to and compact as best you can. Its held up great at our shop and we drive some big shite over it. Probably a lot cheaper than actually getting it paved.

I represent one of the larger road materials companies in the springs, and I have them taking a look at it and giving me a bid (roadbase/gravel, not paving)... eventually that will happen, but there are other more important priorities in a pretty limited budget right now, so the goal is to keep it serviceable until we can afford to make it last...

Hey, you've got all those trees you're cutting down anyways. Make a log road. They kind of suck to drive on (even bumpier than a cobblestone road) but I've seen them and they work well enough. Sink the logs into the dirt and pack them with a bunch of dirt and it holds up well. You can even get use that same quick-rete like setting sand you would use with pavers to help fill in the gaps to smoothe it out.

Hey, you've got all those trees you're cutting down anyways. Make a log road. They kind of suck to drive on (even bumpier than a cobblestone road) but I've seen them and they work well enough. Sink the logs into the dirt and pack them with a bunch of dirt and it holds up well. You can even get use that same quick-rete like setting sand you would use with pavers to help fill in the gaps to smoothe it out.

It would be like driving over one of those old wooden bridges every time you went home or left! awesome

Or it would turn into top jeep challenge to get to the top.
Recycled asphalt is the best way to go.
Packed down it shouldnt get torn up very easy.

Back