• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm sick of the black on grey...

It is not just a hex code, it is a gradient.

There will be selectable color options (among other benefits) after we update the software. There is a discussion thread on the software update in the Members Forum. In a nutshell, there are too many open bugs in vB right now, we are holding off until the product is up to par before we jump up.

There will be selectable color options (among other benefits) after we update the software. There is a discussion thread on the software update in the Members Forum. In a nutshell, there are too many open bugs in vB right now, we are holding off until the product is up to par before we jump up.

I'm guessing the vBulletin just takes 2 hex codes and blends them together though, right?

Another forum I use switched from Fusetalk to vBulletin (says version 3.8.6) and so far so good

I am perfectly fine with the red/grey/black color setup, but I'm not that picky at all about things like that.

When I get the chance I use light grey or green on a black background. Call me an old fart but I like the look of a green screen ASCII terminal.

Cool... and good plan on waiting for non buggy software.

I'm guessing the vBulletin just takes 2 hex codes and blends them together though, right?

Another forum I use switched from Fusetalk to vBulletin (says version 3.8.6) and so far so good
That is a hell of an upgrade... Fusetalk is the worst turd of a forum package I have ever had the displeasure of trying to use. A forum I used to frequent (HotHardware.com/PCHardwareForums back in the day) went from vBulletin to FuseTalk and it was an extremely painful transition. FuseTalk, at least then, was extremely buggy, had security holes you could toss a supertanker through, and in general was useless compared to even the archaic versions of vBulletin. About half the forum members immediately left. Going from FuseTalk to vBulletin must have been a pretty nice change of pace.

As for the members vs non members issue... I'll take a good suggestion from anyone, so long as they aren't a jackass about it. What really gets me is when a non member does nothing but leech tech advice and make an arse of themselves and never gives anything back to the community whatsoever*. I like the idea of selectable color schemes, though I would likely just leave it how it is.

* this is NOT an accusation against anyone who's chimed in. Just a comment on some of the crap I see going on in the tech/offtopic subforums. Put your pitchforks and tar away :shhh:

As for the members vs non members issue... I'll take a good suggestion from anyone, so long as they aren't a jackass about it. What really gets me is when a non member does nothing but leech tech advice and make an arse of themselves and never gives anything back to the community whatsoever*. I like the idea of selectable color schemes, though I would likely just leave it how it is.

* this is NOT an accusation against anyone who's chimed in. Just a comment on some of the crap I see going on in the tech/offtopic subforums. Put your pitchforks and tar away :shhh:

If a person ask something about something and is not a jackass over it and then get a reply like one that was made here about being a paying member. Then I for one would NEVER be a paying member of that club. It shows you how much of a jackass club it is for being so mindless to others.
Yes I am a paying member of NAXJA because people here Member's and Non Members treat and are treated correctly at all times no matter what the color of their name is.

Agreed. I guess it's really a difference between suggestions and orders in my mind, I've seen non members try and tell people to do stuff or try to decide the direction of the club and that I don't agree with. A suggestion/idea is always welcome though.

Back