• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm back....as if anyone cares

TXRIVERRAT

NAXJA Forum User
A few of you may remember me, I had a 91 that I sold back in February to make room for a built Explorer. Well I really missed having a somewhat streetable rig and I stumbled onto this through a friend of a friend. It's a 98 that had a blown head gasket at the very minimum so I swapped in a known good long block from a friend and now have a clean, bone stock 98 for about $1000 that drives like a dream. Plans for this one are minimal lift with a 14b/60 and probably somewhere around 38's.

Here was the 91 right before I sold it

001-1.jpg

Here's the Exploder, it's probably about to be up for sale. It doesn't look exactly like this now, but you get the idea.

006.jpg

and last but not least, here's the new one. It has the one feature that I have wanted in one since I got into XJ's, a sunroof. :clap:

car084.jpg

car087.jpg

The build of the new one will be slow, I'm gonna park my diesel truck and DD this for a while and gather parts. I'm hoping to maybe make the conversion sometime in the spring.

TXRIVERRAT said:
Well I really missed having a somewhat streetable rig and I stumbled onto this through a friend of a friend.

Plans for this one are minimal lift with a 14b/60 and probably somewhere around 38's.

Not to be a questionerbut, this statement seems very contradictory. However if you pull this off this will be one sweet streetable rig!!:yelclap:

goodburbon said:
Welcome back. What was wrong with the exploder?

Nothing really, for that matter I've only had it out wheelin once since I bought it. The other six months I've owned it it's sat in the garage while I was re-working the suspension and brakes.

Yeah Chia it's ugly, I think it looks better now though. I repainted part of it and replaced the KC's with the factory headlights which, I think, made all the difference in the world. Plus my wife LOVED the Jeep and because of that despises the Exploder, so this is my opportunity to build another Jeep with the wife's blessings. :yelclap:

Superman, I said "somewhat streetable". I just want the ability to cruise it to the lake (5 miles), or around town occasionally, you get the idea. I have another vehicle that will be my DD again when I make the swap.

TXRIVERRAT said:
Nothing really, for that matter I've only had it out wheelin once since I bought it. The other six months I've owned it it's sat in the garage while I was re-working the suspension and brakes.

Yeah Chia it's ugly, I think it looks better now though. I repainted part of it and replaced the KC's with the factory headlights which, I think, made all the difference in the world. Plus my wife LOVED the Jeep and because of that despises the Exploder, so this is my opportunity to build another Jeep with the wife's blessings. :yelclap:

Superman, I said "somewhat streetable". I just want the ability to cruise it to the lake (5 miles), or around town occasionally, you get the idea. I have another vehicle that will be my DD again when I make the swap.

Sneaky!

Well, as happens to so many of us, I think my new build has already taken a turn (and it hasn't even started yet). I couldn't buy and build axles, wheels, tires, winch, and all the little stuff that goes along with them for what I would get out of my Explorer, so I think I'm gonna part it and build my Jeep with that stuff. It'll be a pretty good set-up although I kinda hate to see the Explorer die.

HP dana 44 w/5.13's, spool (will be replaced with a selectable)
9", nodular third, 5.13's, spool, disc brakes
Ramsey 8000 winch
extended Ford radius arms w/Ballistic Fab Ultra joints
huge aluminum radiator with dual electric fans
5 36 x 12.5 TSL's on steelies
13" travel RS9000's

If I do this, anyone interested in a 92 Explorer that needs a few parts? It runs and shifts great, will just need axles.

Back