• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I SINNED

sam24th

NAXJA Forum User
Jeep is gonna be sold. Just picked up my new ride about an hour ago.

The 4runner was too good of a deal to pass up. Its in Amazing shape for having the original body and paint. Just a rundown of specs:

3.0 V6 5 Speed
loaded SR5 package with power everything
sunroof
5.29 gears front and rear
ARB lockers front and rear
Reupholstered interior
Engine heads reworked and new gaskets
150k orig miles
7 inch lift ill be removing the body lift sometime so itll be down to a 5in lift
4.7 Tcase lowrange gears
brand new 35in BFG MTs
chromo rear shafts
sliders
front skid

It'd make a sweet DD. Don't think I could wheel it, way to pretty.

What year? If it's the mid '90's watch for overheating. My wife's '95 blew 3 sets of head gaskets...no offense but not Toyota's best efforts (if it is in that range).

Looks nice though and they do wheel pretty well...especially if you solid axle the front end.

It'd make a sweet DD. Don't think I could wheel it, way to pretty.

Thats what I said about my pickup but I still wheel the hell out of it. Im just more careful about the trees. Id be too tempted not to like Doug said especially with the lockers and Tcase.

What year? If it's the mid '90's watch for overheating. My wife's '95 blew 3 sets of head gaskets...no offense but not Toyota's best efforts (if it is in that range).

Looks nice though and they do wheel pretty well...especially if you solid axle the front end.

Its IFS, my other pickup beside it is a solid axle. Its also am 89 model. This one shouldnt have as much issues with headgaskets as the mid 90s models. The later models had a secondary Cat up closer to the exhaust causing the engine to get warmer than designed. Also Toyota started using gaskets that were not designed for the engine due to some Govt BS.

I plan on removing the bodylift thats on it, replacing the taillights, and sticking a 2-3 row aluminum radiator in it. I havent noticed any overheating issues even with AC on and idling in traffic, but they are pretty prone to under extreme driving conditions.

Yeah I saw it today and it's quite impressive, I'm pretty sure the front bumper is about halfway up my windows haha, taking the body lift off will set her straight. I think we need to break it in when we go to URE the 18th-20th :D

Back