• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have some stuff for sale

osue077

NAXJA Forum User
$325 obo - I have a lightly used 27 spline Detroit Truetrac for a Dana 30 for 3.55 and below gear ratio. I have run this in my Cherokee for about 4 years and it has been great with around 10 wheelin trips on it but I regeared my jeep so now I have no use for it. It works AWESOME if you want a diff that will virtually lock when you are wheeling and drives normal when you're on the pavement.

$50 obo - I have a welded carrier spool for a 29 spline Chrysler 8.25 with 3.55 ring and pinion

$40 obo - Fixed lower control arms 16" from ProComp. They need new bushings

I would be willing to trade for a Powertrax locker or Spartan locker for the Chrysler 8.25 or the Dana 30 that are in new condition. I would also be willing to trade for 100mm 29er forks like RockShox, Fox or Marzocchi and maybe some other 29er bike parts.

Last edited:
have you got a part number on the truetrac? when you say 3.55 and below, do you mean below 3.55 numerically (i.e. 3.07), or below as in lower (i.e. 4.56)?

The truetrac is a limited slip right? So it can be run on around with the 242 transfercase? I can't run a autolocker up front anymore cause I'm running a 242 now & thought these truetracs would work?

The truetrac is a limited slip right? So it can be run on around with the 242 transfercase? I can't run a autolocker up front anymore cause I'm running a 242 now & thought these truetracs would work?
Why? Ran spartan and a 242 w/o issue

Because I will be daily driving in 4wd full time..whether thats on snow, rain or dry pavement. A auto locker would bind up on anything but a slippery surface or I'd have to learn/hope the gas & coast method would work..and me having a 5speed would mean always clutching or going to neutral, because leaving it in gear without clutching would keep the torque applied.

so I'm looking at getting something different & sold the spartan a while back already. I did however like that spartan much more than my older aussie.

Hmmmm. I DD'd mine and drove in snow often. Snow board runs. Camping. Snow in town. etc. Aside from minimal torque steer, never noticed a difference.

Not trying to talk you out of anything. Just saying it is totally doable.

But good luck with purchase. :thumbup:

See thats snow which allows for enough slip. On rain or dry pavement it would bind up which is my issue. I guess it would be simple to not run in 4wd full time but my better half also drives my jeep & shes a advid user of 4wd full time & I could only imagine her trying to turn with that locker engaged lol.

Pm sent OP.

OK, not for me, my gears are deeper -- as to the full-time locker with a 242, in theory it screws with the center differential by always applying more power to the front end. It'd work fine in 2wd, and just like a 231 in PT 4x4, but in FT it puts some strain on the case and definitely creates some torque steer and some odd front-rear power transfers... I tried it for a while in my old 91.

good luck with the sale!

Back