• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i hate when docters are right

D.I.T.A

NAXJA Forum User
Well just got back from the Doctor and it turns out i have psoriatic arthritis :smsoap:. He was pretty surprised to find out i was only 20 and having this many problems gonna start treatment to try and suppress it but at the same time it suppresses my immune system :helpme: . so its been one of those days

that really sucks man :(

hope they can figure out how to fix it in the near future.

You going to take the Humara shots? Kind of pricey!!!!! My daughter takes them and it runs over $2k a month.

You going to take the Humara shots? Kind of pricey!!!!! My daughter takes them and it runs over $2k a month.
my Doc told me about those then told me the price:wierd: i laughed at him. what he set me up with is memotrexate , folic acid and prednisone it should fix me up but now im going to have to get blood work done monthly :tears: to monitor my liver function, so i'll see how it goes im dying rite now pain 24/7

I wish you and I could have spent more time together....oh I mean ahhh keep ya head up & stay off the hard stuff.

prednisone
Im actually taking this stuff right now.. its made me break out real bad on my face and back (need to constantly wash my face) made me gain about 15 lbs, and gives you this thing called "moonface" where you get like chubby underneath your jaw, sorta a double chin.. and i noticed mood swings too, i get really angry and pissed over stupid stuff, so just watch out with it if your taking high dosage.

Hang in there, and keep positive thoughts - you're too young to let this beat you.

Good luck, and keep us posted on progress.

Im actually taking this stuff right now.. its made me break out real bad on my face and back (need to constantly wash my face) made me gain about 15 lbs, and gives you this thing called "moonface" where you get like chubby underneath your jaw, sorta a double chin.. and i noticed mood swings too, i get really angry and pissed over stupid stuff, so just watch out with it if your taking high dosage.
yea there making me take a big dose and none the side effects are fun i already gained 10pounds and my face is changing i put my arm though my bedroom wall cause my stepdad woke me up early this sh!t is evil

You need a chromoly backbone... wonder if ruffstuff does custom work?

a 4340 chromoly backbone with johny joints would be sweet and thanks everyone

The side effects of long term prednisone use isn't pretty either (erodes bone) but psoriatic arthritis can be a bear - being an autoimmune disease, immunosuppresants can help. Prednisone is a steroid and can carry all the possible side effects including weight gain, bloating, acne, and mood swings. Keep your chin up, every day is a new day

yea there making me take a big dose and none the side effects are fun i already gained 10pounds and my face is changing i put my arm though my bedroom wall cause my stepdad woke me up early this sh!t is evil

The side effects of long term prednisone use isn't pretty either (erodes bone) but psoriatic arthritis can be a bear - being an autoimmune disease, immunosuppresants can help. Prednisone is a steroid and can carry all the possible side effects including weight gain, bloating, acne, and mood swings. Keep your chin up, every day is a new day

yeah its some pretty serious stuff, im actually coming off of it right now and its so much better. i feel like me again.

good luck nick keep your head up dude, just go to the gym and get HUGE:tv:

I am sorry to hear this Nick, your entirely too young to have these kinds of problems. Is this the result of a prior injury, or a genetic thing?

A.

Hang in there Nick. Keep positive and take it easy!!

wishing all the best for ya

I am sorry to hear this Nick, your entirely too young to have these kinds of problems. Is this the result of a prior injury, or a genetic thing?

A.
my mom has psoriasis so me and my little brother have it to, also whats scares me more than my problems is my brothers he is 7 and has signs of the same crap, and im sure owning a dirt-bike for a couple years didn't help either

Jeez, Nick...sorry I picked on ya before, I had no idea this would turn out to be so serious...hang in there and keep us all posted on your recovery, ok?
Rich

no worries Rich,

Back