• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I got my XJ!

my 97 sport doesn't......:(

Went to town today and got all new fluids for the Jeep. Eng, transmission, transfer, diffs, and coolant. I'll probably flush the brake system later on too. I got Mobil-1 10w-30 for the engine and Valvoline synthetic for the diffs. The gear lube and the friction modifier I picked up at Napa. I had called them about the blower motor resistor and they had it local for $23. I've already put it it so my blower is fixed! Thanks for the input on that.

The trak-loc seems a little weak just testing it out on my property, but I've never used one before. I'll have a look in there when I service it, we'll see if I need to tear into it or not.

I went ahead and picked up a service kit for the AC. For $20 it's worth a try. For all I know somebody just dumped the system.

So now I have something to do tomorrow!

Doug

I'd start saving up to have the evaporator done. Both of mine need 'em, and I've had to quote many at work. It'll take a weekend with some patience and a buddy. I may post an article when I do my 97. I dunno. Right now, I just charge the cottonpicker at the beginning of the season.:banghead:

good looking Jeep. it must have been hard trying to find one with 80K. don't assume a leak in the A/C, mine goes bad on me after a couple years of using, yours might just need to be recharged. :spin1:

So far so good!

I've been driving it every day so far and it's doing great. I've got all the fluids changed except for the Transmission, just haven't got to it yet. Although the trans dipstick comes out nice and red still, the fluid in there can't be to bad. And yes, I got the right juice for the AW4.
The rear dif fluid was a bit milky, I don't care for that rubber plug in the 8.25 as I could see some moisture under the lip. When I put it back in I used some sealant on it, but long term I'd like to get a different cover or weld in a bung. I flushed the rear end as much as practical to get all the old fluid out.
There was some sediment in the coolant recovery bottle , so when I flushed the cooling system I tried to be very thorough. Clean as a whistle now.

As far as the AC system: I did service it and it leaked back out in less than 24 hours. I was happy at least just to verify that the system worked. I didn't have any dye so I really should verify before I before I tear the thing apart, although I'm fully expecting it be the evaporator.

EVERY other little thing on this Jeep works great. So as soon as I sell my Tacoma, I'll be getting the SYE, lift and some rocker guards.

Doug

Sounds like a fair deal. I paid in the $3k range for the "eluvisive 99" but it had double your miles 164750. Heated mirrors......huuumm never noticed, I will have to check that out. Mine is white like yours.

nice lookin jeep. i have a white '01 as well :) i got mine w/ 100k miles for $4000. It was a Niagra Mohawk vehicle befor i got ahold of it. picture perfect inside and out. i was amazed at how well they took care of everything.

Wow, what a steal. I paid $5k for my 99' with 101K on it. I have heated mirrors and everything. No skids or upcountry though.

I searched for 4 months to find one wiht that low miles in that pricerange

n151100692_30321433_9727.jpg
photo.php
I just got my first XJ, after looking for 2 months. Paid $6,000 for this 98 with custom work already done.
photo.php

Last edited:
Very nice! Mine has those same wheels, although I have a set of Rubicon Moabs for it too. What size tires and lift?

Doug

strikker7 said:
photo.php
I just got my first XJ, after looking for 2 months. Paid $6,000 for this 98 with custom work already done.
photo.php

strikker7 said:
photo.php
photo.php

Sweet looking Jeep! I have a "99" (Black also) Glad I looked, I was wondering what the chrome grill & headlight bezels would look like. Nice

rightseatsis said:
Nice ride, I got one just like it.

snow024.jpg

Hope to see you on a run soon.

Mary

Strange weather for Frisco. Hehe heh heh ! Raised in Vallejo and worked Oakland and Frisco Bart stations (Maintenance sub Contractor) for a few years.

Back