• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I found a good price on Office '07 Pro

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
I’m not trying to endorse M.S. or this retailer; or start a debate for that matter. I’m just passing the info along. I needed to update and also add a couple of programs for the resident student, err…and me. I picked up Office ’07 Pro for under $120 from this place. It’s not listed but the package also included Accounting Express ’08. If you can use the info, great. If not...I tried.

http://www.journeyed.com/itemDetail.asp?ItmNo=88011723

FYI, that is for the educational version.

Jeff, I was of the understanding that it was still fully functioning/full featured. Please explain.

Look at the ad again. It states right at the top "Academic proof required" and that the general public is *NOT* eligible to purchase.

My Office came from eMule. Complete with a keystroke generator! :compwork:

And that's fine. Don't lead on folks who aren't eligible for an academic discount.

Look at the ad again. It states right at the top "Academic proof required" and that the general public is *NOT* eligible to purchase.

Exactly like my Government copy. I paid less than $20 for Mac Office 2008. Which is a far cry from the $400 it normally costs. But that deal obviously isn't up for grabs to anyone with an email address...............:anon:

Price: Free

http://www.openoffice.org/

Fully compatible with MS office suite.
Ummm. No. *MOSTLY* compatible.

OO may have better version to version document compatibility than M$ Office, but it does not have any of the Visual* internal scripting tools. If you depend on scripting automation, OO is not a drop in replacement.

Ummm. No. *MOSTLY* compatible.

Just to stir the 'ol pot...

I'd venture to bet that those who would need the extra features that aren't compatible would already know so.

We use Office here just out of corporate stupidity, nobody in this office does anything more than OpenOffice.org would do but I'd never be allowed to change them over.

Back in the day at IUPUI, I could get XP Pro and Office XP for a grand total of $20.

When I bought my then new laptop, I uninstalled XP Home and reloaded XP Pro :D Did it to my wife's computer as well.

Exactly like my Government copy. I paid less than $20 for Mac Office 2008. Which is a far cry from the $400 it normally costs. But that deal obviously isn't up for grabs to anyone with an email address...............:anon:

Fill that in a bit more, what do you need and what is the process. It's not thru the PX is it ?

Back