• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hummer replacement.

gabe4

NAXJA Forum User
This is what might be replacing the HUMMVEE. My company is one of the three left working this contract. It has airbags at each corner that can be controlled individualy with 12" of travel

IMG00065.jpg

IMG00066.jpg

Seriously, the benefit of the hummer was mobility, this thing looks like "tank lite"...basically an APC on tires instead of tracks. I'm sure it has neat features, but as a replacement for the hummer...it wouldn't cut it in my book.

I'd be intreswted in know if it is as underpowered as a humvee? How heavy is that thing anyways? About breakover angle, the Army only plans for the now and not the future and all they care about now is an urban environment where it really doesn't matter that much.

The thing is though, that most foreign urban enviroments are smaller then America. So I can't really see why they would build another huge vehicle that would have trouble fitting places.

-Alex

The hummvee has a light payload and no armor this on the other hand...
It comes in different flavors as well, it can also climb a 60% grade.

Seriously, the benefit of the hummer was mobility, this thing looks like "tank lite"...basically an APC on tires instead of tracks. I'm sure it has neat features, but as a replacement for the hummer...it wouldn't cut it in my book.

Once they started mandatory up-armor on all of the hummers, it was no longer what it was designed for. The days of high-mobility vehicle are gone.

Last edited:
yea took down the pic's figure it might be best to post the stuff that has been released. The movies.

Imboostedru I wounder why you would doubt that it would make the climb it's a requirement from the armed forces it's not like you can make a claim and they wouldn't test it. It's been to the proving grounds several times and like I said it's one of three company's still in the running to produce it, so it's not a bunch of BS. The location I work at also got the contract to build the new Marine 1 Helo, so it's not like we're some little back yard shop.

i like it, just kinda looks like a bigger humvee

and as for the 60% grade of asphalt if you look in the related videos on the second vid theres one that climbs a vertical wall...i thought it looked kinda cool

The current hummer looses a lot of off road mobility when you up armor it.

Looks like a reasonable replacement for close urban combat.

i have driven the striped down version and an armored up one with full battle rattle and its night and day.

we need somthing that is built to to the gills and can still run flat out over what ever it has to.

i like the humvee but its time to upgrade. maybe an armored XJ............lol

Back