• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hummer Beadlock question.

I have been looking at beadlocks for a little bit as I map out my build across the winter. I had about decided on a set of weld on locks since it is gonna be a trailer queen most of the time anyway, but a buddy of mine has a set of 12 bolt hummer locks for sale. Since I was going to need new wheels anyway, the hummer locks are starting to look pretty good.

I guess I am asking if there is a real good reason not to run this direction. The tire size is a little different, but since I want to jump to 37" tires anyway it doesn't narrow the field that much. It does not save me any labor time, but it does not really cost me any either. I could get all 5 for $200, no runflats, but I would replace them with a pvc spacer anyway.

gonna re center them?

its ALOT of work to recenter them....they are pretty sweet and strong if you can get them. just be warned its a job to recenter them.

should be not that bad to re center i have done quite a few on hot rods as long as your even its all good and that is on hot rods hell a off road rig you can be off just a hair at worse. just be sure you know what backspace you want cause it sucks to have to re do

I have been running mine for a little over a year, on trail and occasionally on the street. I have no complaints. Its probably the cheapest way to get into a double beadlock. Tire size will be more of an issue with street tires than offroad tires. I run the military throw away 36's right now with no real problems, but Interco, Pitbull and several others still make a 16.5 tire. I think I'm into my set with 5 wheels w\run flats, 5 centers, and for rock rings for something like $350.

Back