• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How low can I go? Tire pressure!!!

uratard2

NAXJA Forum User
Last weekend i knocked a tire off a rim while wheeling at 18 psi. I did not want to deal with this again so I bought a set of diy weld on beadlocks. I finished them up yesterday and i have 10 psi in the tires right now. Just curious what pressure I should be running? I have 33x10.5-15 TSL radials on 15x8 soft 8's. They are now more like a 15x9 with the beadlock. Thanks for the replies, Matt

I am going to Turkey Bay this weekend. The terrain is very rocky.

I run betwen 4 and 7 in my Allied beadlocks. 15x8 with 38x12.5 TSl/XSX's. Of course sometimes I forget to put any air in. :doh:

I've seen people run 5-8psi in beadlocks. I can't believe you blow beads at 18psi, thats kinda crazy.

I've wheeled alot with 11psi or so in my bfg's with just basic steel wheels and never blown a bead.

WheelinJR said:
I've seen people run 5-8psi in beadlocks. I can't believe you blow beads at 18psi, thats kinda crazy.

I've wheeled alot with 11psi or so in my bfg's with just basic steel wheels and never blown a bead.

Yeah, I never thought it would happen at that pressure but it did. I was climbing out of creek bank and the tire hit a stump and blew off the outer bead.

10.5s on a 8" rim? Not that hard to believe given the right situation.

I commonly run my 13.5s on an 8" rim down to 12psi, no problems. I'd go lower but have no way to air back up for the highway trip home.

x2

cLAYH said:
10.5s on a 8" rim? Not that hard to believe given the right situation.

I commonly run my 13.5s on an 8" rim down to 12psi, no problems. I'd go lower but have no way to air back up for the highway trip home.

Back