• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How long have you had airsoft bbs in your tires?

Whats everyones oppinion on the best BBs to use? like .15g .20g .25g? I used to play airsoft so im familiar with the differences but some companies make crappy ones and anyway just wondering how many i should put in each tire?

i used .12 grams cuz they were the cheapest :gee:

Use the heaviest you can get... You'll need fewer bbs. I used 0.25g. Worked out pretty well, 2000 bbs is almost 16oz, so one bottle did two tires. I just grabbed whatever Dicks Sporting Goods had on the shelf "Crosman" is the brand I have.

whatevah said:
Use the heaviest you can get... You'll need fewer bbs. I used 0.25g. Worked out pretty well, 2000 bbs is almost 16oz, so one bottle did two tires. I just grabbed whatever Dicks Sporting Goods had on the shelf "Crosman" is the brand I have.
is there a plus to using fewer bb's? i couldn't think of one... which is why i got the 6500 .12 g bb's for 8.50 rather than the 5000 .20 g bb's for 9.50, and i still had enough weight for each wheel.

xjohnnyc said:
I'm mounting new Bighorns and beadlocks this weekend. I've been debating whether to try the pellets or go with traditional balancing.

But on an interesting note, I've been told that some tractor trailers use golf balls in their tires. And one very knowledgeable person on this board has used anitifreeze in his tires, with great success.

I believe it is 8oz of antifreeze per tire. My friend does it this way with all his tires for all of his vehicles.

i don't think there's a weight you can specify as a golden quantity. it depends on the tire size

I believe it is 8oz of antifreeze per tire. My friend does it this way with all his tires for all of his vehicles.

for adding weight to garden tractor tires people recoment winshield washer fluid instead of antifreeze. It's cheaper, still doesn't freeze, and isn't so deadly to pets.

What would happen if you added a few gallons to each tire? Better traction and flex, and worse stoping performance. Anything else?

tractors completely fill the tires to add weight for traction and stability

Have you driven a tractor with its tires filled on the street going over say 10 mph?

Also, imagine the stress of the weight of water on the D30 and a D35 or similar.

A lot of the comp guys add water for the weight, but they arnt going all that fast, and have slightly upgraded axles.

ok so i want to do this. i went out to wal-mart and bought me a bucket of bb's i measured out two twelve ounce cups to put in my front tires....so i also have to remove the regular weights? the just pop a bead and pour em in? missing anything?

ok so i want to do this. i went out to wal-mart and bought me a bucket of bb's i measured out two twelve ounce cups to put in my front tires....so i also have to remove the regular weights? the just pop a bead and pour em in? missing anything?

nope.

Maybe a stupid questions, but why aren't you putting them in ALL 4 tires. The back tires need to be balanced just like the front.

i put them in my 33x13.50 LTB's,

they balanced better then any tire i have ran on my jeep with weights, smooth as could be, a good way to save some cash when getting them mounted at a tire shop as well (i get charged an extra 10 bucks per tire to balance them)

i actually left my original weights on my wheels, i have not taken them off and it still balances perfectly

if the tires are already mounted on the wheels, then instead of breaking a bead on the tire, just removed the valve stem core, and get a small tube to fit overtop of it, and pour the bb's in, and then air the tire back up.

if the tires are already mounted on the wheels, then instead of breaking a bead on the tire, just removed the valve stem core, and get a small tube to fit overtop of it, and pour the bb's in, and then air the tire back up.

I know you can do this with the normal size dynabeads, as they are way smaller, but you arent going to get an airsoft BB to fit through a valve stem. They are way too big. You have to break the bead.

Are you guys measuring these BB's in volume (12 ounce cup) or actual weight when you say "8" ounces or "12" ounces?

I put 10 ounces in my 33 TruXus, but that was actual weight, not volume. 10 ounces of the .12gr bb's will fill a 12 ounce cup to the rim according to my digital weight scale.

Just curious if I was reading this wrong...

~James

The weight doesn't have to be anywhere near exact for every tire. As long as each tire has enough bb's to compensate for their imbalance. You can have too little, but not too much. So just throw em in a cup and dump em.

The weight doesn't have to be anywhere near exact for every tire. As long as each tire has enough bb's to compensate for their imbalance. You can have too little, but not too much. So just throw em in a cup and dump em.

star-wars-yoda-orly.jpg

Whatever your smoking, please stop. If what your saying is true, I could fill my tire with BB's and it would balance. I would love to see this happen, so right now go outside and fill one of your tires with BB's, one with the recommended amount and do whatever the hell you want with the other two. Report back and tell us how it works, but first go out to a deserted highway and drive really fast for us, K?

Whatever your smoking, please stop. If what your saying is true, I could fill my tire with BB's and it would balance. I would love to see this happen, so right now go outside and fill one of your tires with BB's, one with the recommended amount and do whatever the hell you want with the other two. Report back and tell us how it works, but first go out to a deserted highway and drive really fast for us, K?
I think you are over exaggerating his statement just a little. I think all he meant was that it is better to have a little more than a little less, because a few extra BB's will still allow the tire to balance. If there are more than enough BB's in the tire they will just find a neutral spot and will not affect how the tire balances.

Back