• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do we like the wj?

3 knobs is manual hvac, no pesky blend door issues.

3 knobs and special edition means possible a 4.0.

My dad bought one two years ago with 50k miles on it.

Been a good truck.

mac 'has 60k almost on it now' gyvr

found 00' 124k super clean with all leather interior for 3700. it has the dual climate control. lady said the heater and ac works great. when these blend doors do go out, how can u tell they go out?

Last edited:
I have an SE with a 4.7 and the "3 knob" HVAC. A SE is nothing more than a Laredo with Limited body cladding. They could be ordered with a 4.0 or a 4.7 in either 2 or 4wd.

Usually when the blend door goes out the passenger will get cold feet in the winter time.

Don't let the blend door issue run you off. www.heatertreater.com has a cheap and easy repair.

http://wjjeeps.com/jmenu.htm

Great resource for WJ info

Last edited:
I have an SE with a 4.7 and the "3 knob" HVAC. A SE is nothing more than a Laredo with Limited body cladding. They could be ordered with a 4.0 or a 4.7 in either 2 or 4wd.

Usually when the blend door goes out the passenger will get cold feet in the winter time.

Don't let the blend door issue run you off. www.heatertreater.com has a cheap and easy repair.

http://wjjeeps.com/jmenu.htm

Great resource for WJ info

This one is a 4.7 4wd. Checking it out at 1pm today.

Well, around 5-6 months ago I bought an 04 Laredo with V8 & Quadra-Trac II (the full time 4wd with low range, no LSDs). It had just under 120K on it, I paid $6,000.
I've put a fair amount of money into the back log maintenance items, floor mats, cabin filter kit etc but I'm still only into it for $7,500 (tops) with registration & vehicle sales tax included.
The Dub pulls local hills & mountains with dignity intact. I drive like grandpa most of the time but if I let it stretch it's legs, it will get going in a hurry. The suspension & steering is a nice improvement over the XJ - less wobble, more predictable, better handling & more comfort.
The 4.7 is a quiet, torque biased engine that isn't Chevy-easy or Volvo hard to work on. 545RFE transmisison has odd choices of gear ratio (double overdrive? Really? And a "2nd prime" only used on downshifts, 200 RPM different from 3rd? What?) but shifts smooth and quick enough not to be noticed.
Some time fairly soon I'll put some new tires & front brakes on it, as well as a new water pump.

Overall, I'm happy with it. I won't be lifting this Jeep. I will probably add front recovery points and maybe a transfer case skid plate. I might even add diff covers, though I doubt I'll ever need them.

So, yeah. I wasn't so sure about the 4.7 at first but I'm happy with the WJ as a DD / camping vehicle.
I still kind of miss the XJ and might someday buy it back from my brother in law, though. Lot of history with the old girl.

Back