• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood Scoop!

Why wouldnt you make the path to the intake simpler? Maybe turn the stock rubber accordian and stick a cone filter on it hanging over the valve cover haha. Im sure with some tinkerin' itd work great.

BBeach said:
Why wouldnt you make the path to the intake simpler? Maybe turn the stock rubber accordian and stick a cone filter on it hanging over the valve cover haha. Im sure with some tinkerin' itd work great.

i was kinda thinking of that but the filter didnt fit there. i have a cone filter already on it. maybe after a few differnt modifications i could get that idea to work though. i figure i can just cut the holes in there for now and figure out the air routing later. ive been pretty sick the past week so ive been taking it easy but somtimes i just cant hold my self back

im pretty sure by the levitating comment he is refering to the pic of the scoop on the table. I have mastered the art of levitation just so i didnt scratch my nice table with the scoop :roll:.... or i may have used a box under it i cant remember

i would have been happier if it was less rounded but pretty stoked on the looks. i cut 2 holes under it and rigged somthing up to stop water from hitting the engine for now, i just need to do some routing or moving of the filter.
I was actually flagged down by another xj driver the other day who just wanted to say how nice mine looked. made me feel pretty good about it.

Can you post up any pics of what you made to redirect water? That's something I'd like to accomplish under my vents.

ill toss some pics up in the next few days the girlfreind has the jeep right now and ive been busy working on my Trans am .... such a money pit. anways its nothing spectactular at the moment its just temporary till i can make somthing a bit better. and its actually made out of a old mastercard sign lol. all it really does is make sure the water doesnt hit anything important. Ive knowticed a huge decrease in under hood temps. and when im on the highway.... WOW! i can kinda hear it whistle but temp is way way low.

ive seen scoops like that at pep boys and autozone but i wasnt sure if it would look ricer on not. looks good though. i just wasnt sure how it would come out around the gulley in center of the hood. nice work. and now that we all know u can paint well drop our rigs off sat.

Back