• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood louvers...

Whoah.... if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pick those up for?

So I figured since I going to be running Ford axles, and engine. I may as well use Ford Louvers. I picked this up off ebay. 68 Mustang Fastback louvers. And yes they are functional.
BUvbzEB2kKGrHgoH-D0EjlLlyn79BKPBZJt.jpg

Very Nice find!! lookin at those makes we wish I had shopped around a bit more!!

Lol nice.
I'm gonna buy em when the bid time gets closer.

But the vents are angled forward... don't you want louvers to face the rear of the vehicle? Otherwise its more of a ram air type thing than a vent... although this could be good, it would have a ram air effect at speed but would vent while crawling.
Right?

Lol nice.
I'm gonna buy em when the bid time gets closer.

But the vents are angled forward... don't you want louvers to face the rear of the vehicle? Otherwise its more of a ram air type thing than a vent... although this could be good, it would have a ram air effect at speed but would vent while crawling.
Right?
I have not decided which way I will run mine. But ya it be a ram air effect when you drive. As long as you are all sealed up it should be fine. Had this hood scoop for 9 years and driven in the rain with no issues. You can reach through it and touch the intake.
bluegt3.jpg

Yeah, not bad! Not nearly as big as I thought they'd be which is a good thing. :thumbup:

I used there hood vents on my XJ. If you look at the Barney Mobile Upgrade thread you can see them. They work great.

Back