• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

honest opinions?

Hmmmmmmmm..... if you have the money, and the desire/time for another project go for it. Those are unique rigs bro.

get it...... dont hesitate even if they end up sitting at your place for a while i think it would be worth while.

i would love to get an old jeep of really any kind and do a restification.

so go today or this weekend and pick it up and take pics! :D

i dont think anyone is going to tell you not to get it. no one....

Allow me to throw a little fuel on the fire....

img_0854.med.jpg

Belongs to a neighbor of Dad's. Dad bought his farm from the gent who originally bought the FC, it's now owned by his son. Yes, it's had a little work over the years, and the cab interior is in pretty rough shape. It does have the complete original engine and drivetrain.

i think i'm going to have to go work out a deal with him tomorrow

went to look at them again today, cant get a good picture from where they are, both are in back corners in the barn, one has an old tractor infront of it, the other has a trac (thing) parkied behind it and a few engines and a mower around it. the '59 model has an aluminum camper shell and he said although it supposedly ran when he bought it he bought it for the axles so he could put them on his cj2a and never even tried to start it. The other is a '62 or '63 model i think is what he said, and has the warn overdrive, but he accidently pulled the choke instead of the overdrive cable and he thinks it stripped the distributor gearing. That one has not been tagged since 1987.

I am still in negotiations, with both my dad and our friend, but i dont know if I'm going to be able to scrape up the money to buy them =\

the '63 model he said he wants 1500 for (as a my neighbors son discount), but I think thats a tad much considering the shape its in, he hasn't told me a price on the '59 but i would assume its about the same.

its still barned, but atleast he refers to it as "your jeep" as in "oh did you want to show your nephew your jeep?"

Back