• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holy gas prices batman!

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
4.97 for regular this morning here, news said it went up 16¢ a gallon overnight. they also said stations are running out of 87 octane, and others are just shutting down till the prices come down because they say its costing them too much to purchase the gas in bulk and even at these prices they can't make a profit.

so... how much are you paying at the pump?

We're not getting beat up so bad back here, but regular has gone up from about $3.90 to $4.15 a gallon over the last two weeks. And I'm gonna guess we don't use Calif. formulated gas...

David Bricker / SYR

409 in bishop on Wed afternoon. 489 in Garden Grove yesterday afternoon. 499 this morning aliso viejo.
Sucks when I drive 1200+ miles a week.

We're not getting beat up so bad back here, but regular has gone up from about $3.90 to $4.15 a gallon over the last two weeks. And I'm gonna guess we don't use Calif. formulated gas...

David Bricker / SYR

david we had a refinery blow up north, something about a pipeline problem, and down south here refinerys were having power outages because it was so hot and the power grid was overworked. so statewide pretty much gas production was all but halted for a few weeks.

I was reading up on that this morning, its a shortage in ability to refine gasoline.. diesel is still pumping at full speed and is supposed to be "unaffected".

Local diesel went up 11 cents last night, but that station was already the cheapest in town so may just be an adjustement.

david we had a refinery blow up north, something about a pipeline problem, and down south here refinerys were having power outages because it was so hot and the power grid was overworked. so statewide pretty much gas production was all but halted for a few weeks.

Yeah, I read about the refinery. That certainly doesn't help.

What frustrates/angers/amuses me is every six months, when they switch from summer to winter formulations, there is a "Shortage". They've been doing this switch for how many years, and can't seem to get the timing right to avoid shortages, and the resultant price increase.

David Bricker / SYR

they don't make a prius hybrid tow truck ;)
BS. Here's one with more towing capacity than his Ford.

attachment.php

$80 to fill the jeep yesterday that lasts me 2.5 days to the shop. In my VW I get 3.5 days on a tank but it takes premium, but im waiting for insurance to fix the thing... Im going to be bugging them for a rental today..

dang, i can not believe it is cheaper to drive my F550 than the GMC 3500. i really need to get the jeep running again.

Back