• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hollister trip over the weekend

94xjstud

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry I didn't send out an invite, but me and some buddies went to hollister for my bachelor party over the weekend and I'll just the pictures speak for themselves.

94 xj, D30/D44 4.56's locked F/R, sliders, bumpers, custom shackle boxes, removable doors, custom steering and trackbar, ect. . .

The Good
16.jpg

The Bad
18.jpg

The Really Bad
22.jpg

The Really Really Bad
29.jpg

The WHY GOD WHY
33.jpg

Looks like I will be upgrading to a Dana 44 front now to match the rear and throw some 35's on. Overall the jeep walked threw every thing including 80% of the Jungle trail until things went south.

Check out the album for more photos of the fun and destruction
http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/94xjstud/Hollister/

OUCH!!!!

This is what happens when you drive on a broken axle:
31.jpg

The inner slides out and rides up on the outer stub, pushing down on the ball joints till they fail and the knuckle falls off.

26.jpg

Ask me how I know:
KunckleTire.jpg

BeerGood.jpg

Some new ball joints and a axle shaft and you are right back at it!

Some new ball joints and a axle shaft and you are right back at it!

Thats what I thought, but when the top ball joint hole, on the C, got messed up to the point where it wouldn't accept a new ball joint.

So at this point I either have to figure out a way to reshape the hole (very unlikely and probably to strong enough to rely on), cut the C off of weld it a new one on (seems to be not worth the trouble, or sell the gears, lockers, steering and get a new front end, probably a Dana 44.

hey, if you wanna sell the gears and lockers, let me know. it's a hp30 right?? damn, looks like you had some fun. that sux though

Last edited:
Its not closed, but they don't dump in all the water.

You can try to run it . . . even with out the water it can be hard:

HH1007_0207.jpg

Got some time to do a little body work on the jeep. I used a hammer, monkey wrench, and misc. screw drivers and torx bits to remove some stuff.

First I started a junk pile. Drivers fender, headliner and roof rack.
DSCF0115.jpg

No headliner
DSCF0118.jpg

No Fender
DSCF0120.jpg

Straightned out the rear quater panel. It was previously pushed in about 3"
DSCF0117.jpg

Pounding out the roof and side rail
DSCF0119.jpg

DSCF0124.jpg

Got the doors back on
DSCF0128.jpg

Small problem though . . .
DSCF0129.jpg

. . . because of this
DSCF0130.jpg

So now to the problems . . .

I could not pop this stuff out because there is some internal sheet metal in the way. Any ideas on how to reach this?
DSCF0123.jpg

Also I bent in my A-pillar into a U shape, but it is totally straight. I dont want to chop the top just yet so is this going to weaken it alot in case of a roll over?
DSCF0125.jpg

Any body have a link to a fiberglass repair? I might just buy a new one and transfer my aurora lights over.
DSCF0127.jpg

And my brakeline hard line got completely pulled out trying to get it off the trail, so it looks like I will be upgrading to the dual diaphram brake system.
DSCF0126.jpg

Back