• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hiring Machanics

Boatwrench

NAXJA Forum User
7381 Automotive Mechanics

SF Muni is hiring. There will be hirings as early as Jan/Feb 2015. A bunch of people will retire in the next year. A new shop is being built which will need 30-40 mechanics. Bus service is expanding and that will be 10-12 more positions also. Foreman are retiring so promotive opportunities exist also.

The opportunity exists. My dilema is the other transit agencies are also hiring.

I was asleep at the switch, applications are due by Monday. Really need employees that understand multiplex systems. Our buses have I/O, Dinex and now a company called Vansco. Pass the written exam, pass the oral interview. Don't worry about air brakes, we have an excellent training program.

Most positions require a Class B license, we train you for that also.

Apparently Mechanics do not know how to spell very well. (Your thread title) Haha. Hi Tom!

Anyways, can these exams be taken via interwebs/phone? I live far away to be doing all that in person.

Apparently Mechanics do not know how to spell very well. (Your thread title) Haha. Hi Tom!

Anyways, can these exams be taken via interwebs/phone? I live far away to be doing all that in person.

No the written exam is usually a Saturday morning and the oral interviews are on weekdays.

I noticed the spelling and knew someone would give me some flack.:gag:

Back