• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Highest miles on transmission?

Big Red said:
210K miles on my trail 91' XJ AW4
133K on my "new" 98' XJ AX15 5 speed

Please state the year of your XJ and what 5 speed the BA10, AX15, or newer NV3500 (I think that's what it's called 00-01').

I want to see if we can beat the Renix XJs here, they might have us in being older, but maybe some people do a lot of highway driving and have a 500K 91'+ AW4 or AX15. Atl XJ, what year XJ and what tranny? That's very impressive 460K!!! :laugh3:

292.998 original engine and tranny 87 4.0 auto. Still smooth as silk!!

Come on you all know you cant beat a RENIX!!:D :D :D

LOL

4x4xj07 said:
i only have 119,000 on my 95 country auto running 6 in lift and 33" bfgs
Damm that must be a nice XJ! I have 243,546 on my aw4, everything is good except that it is starting to shift too early. :smsoap:

ok for those of you with ax15's and have bookoo miles on them
what kind of maintenance have you done on them
fluid changes at what intervals and what fluid do you put back in them
I have just over 70k on my ax15 and I wanna do everything I can to keep this thing lasting but it already seems like its hard to shift when its cold out

211,552 on a '96 with Amsoil for the last 70,000 miles. It is as perfect as the first day.

MPETESS10 said:
ok for those of you with ax15's and have bookoo miles on them
what kind of maintenance have you done on them
fluid changes at what intervals and what fluid do you put back in them
I have just over 70k on my ax15 and I wanna do everything I can to keep this thing lasting but it already seems like its hard to shift when its cold out
dexron mercon by valvoline i think.every 30 thousand or about 10 if you do a lot of wheeling.the secret to long tranny life is a cooler.39 bucks at oreileys

a7273chargerguy said:
dexron mercon by valvoline i think.every 30 thousand or about 10 if you do a lot of wheeling.the secret to long tranny life is a cooler.39 bucks at oreileys
He's talking about a manual trans

240000+ miles on my '90 xj AW4. Too bad the 4.0L blew it's 4, 5, and 6 cylinder valves....:cry: Oh well. Next week I get to pick up my '91 Ltd! It's from the coast too. No rust!! :spin1:

220k miles on my auto, at least 50k towing a 1,000lb trailer.
Not that I reccomend this but I never did get aound to installing a cooler and I don't
change fluid near as often as I should.

Back