• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High flow cats and mufflers ,Are they worth it?

Slip Kid said:
Did you get the Thrush glasspack or the 'turbo' muffler? I used to run the glasspack and loved it. trying out the turbo as soon as it runs.
I got a Cherry bomb super turbo on my jeep now to pass inspection (flowmaster to loud) it sounds alright but nothin' beats a Flowmaster. But if your tight on money than a glasspack or turbo will due.

After I put in my stroker, the noise from my delta 40 was really annoying at cruise speeds and plain too lound for my taste during acceleration. I'm currently running borla headers, carsound(magnaflow) high flow cat, and an 18" magnaflow muffler with 2 1/2" pipe all the way. Love it! Sweet deeeep mellow tone, but still let's you know it's a stroker when I floor it.
By the way, I think the straight flow through of the magnaflows causes less backpressure than the delta flow flowmasters.

Thank you so much to all the guys on here who have compromised the effectiveness of their catalytic converters. I know that extra 1/2 HP is absolutely necessary, and that none of us really need to breathe clean air (especially our kids, and their kids, and so on...). Since it helps power so much, I'm surprised more people don't do this!!!

Back