• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi-Lift, 48 or 60"?

gregmondro

NAXJA Forum User
I'll be getting a hi-lift jack as an anniversary present here at the end of the month.

which is the preferable height?
the ORT rear bumper has a spot for the lift, so it's mountable there.

I also don't have rear seats, so the whole back of the Jeep is open for storage.

I have the 48 and it fits between the rear sidewalls just barely. If I had the 60, I would have to mount it differently or get a roof rack for that.

like I said, I have a two seater basically. The rear bench has been taken out completely and I have where it was covered, so basically the rear of the jeep behind the front seats is a flat area.

I have the 60, and other than storing it, I have no issues with it...

I think i would have maxed out a 48 a few times...

what are your jeep specifiactions?

at 6" on 33's, im about 3/4 of the way up the 60" Hi lift to change a rear tire...

XJ_ranger said:
I have the 60, and other than storing it, I have no issues with it...

I think i would have maxed out a 48 a few times...

what are your jeep specifiactions?

at 6" on 33's, im about 3/4 of the way up the 60" Hi lift to change a rear tire...

5.5" on 35s , no sways front or rear.

I bought my 60" when I had a fullsize Bronco, and storage is a big problem with my xj. with the rear seat folded down it will lay down with about an inch of clearance between the hatch and the base of the jack.

AZ XJ said:
I bought my 60" when I had a fullsize Bronco, and storage is a big problem with my xj. with the rear seat folded down it will lay down with about an inch of clearance between the hatch and the base of the jack.

Why don't you just cut off what you don't need? :)

ECKSJAY said:
That'd be a big bottle jack.
not really. im on 30's and have 9" of ground clearence at the pod so thats what, 10 at the shafts maybe 11. so with 35's he should have 12.5" maybe 13.5" at the tubes. my bottle jack goes up to 16" and there was another that went up to 18" and they do go higher but i would just use a 2x6 maybe 6-8 inches long. my jack is 6ton and the taller was 8 i believe. i have a 10 ton that goes up to 22 or 24 inches that i use for lifting parts of houses. like if it has settled some, use it to shim the house so it sits level.

ECKSJAY said:
Why don't you just cut off what you don't need? :)

Well...that could work. But I'm sure that if I did, the next time I needed it, I would find myself in the exact positon that required a 60" high-lift..when I only had a 55". :)

goodburbon said:
I have the 48 and if I need to change a front tire it's not enough......too much damn flex!

X2 ~6" lift and 33's on LEVEL ground hi-lift is maxed out and tire BARELY off the ground

I'm sorry.......did you say FRAME?!?!?!?

Blasphemy! get the torches.

plenty of ways to limit flex........or you could just get the right jack.

bottle jack is honestly the best bet, the highlift is worthless if you need it to actually hold the load up while you work on something.

goodburbon said:
I'm sorry.......did you say FRAME?!?!?!?

Blasphemy! get the torches.

plenty of ways to limit flex........or you could just get the right jack.

bottle jack is honestly the best bet, the highlift is worthless if you need it to actually hold the load up while you work on something.
oo crap, your right. sorry, sorry. U N I B O D Y!
better?

Back