• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Upgrades.

If I have to choose between looking AT my headlights and seeing WITH my headlights, I choose the latter!

IPF's all the way for me. First mod any XJ of mine gets...

hmmm went to email Jason at eautoworks... my message came back... Wonder if he is no longer with them... Also I remember the harness being on the cheaper side, I see it listed for 43 bucks?

Check LMCTruck; they also sell harnesses like that, and I think they're still relatively cheap. Even on ebay, they're now $40-50 shipped, whereas I paid around $30 from a US seller.

What's gone down since the new hope and change, except our buying power?
BWAHAHAHAH!!!!!

but yeah they went up. sad face. gonna shop around for one i guess
tried to email jason no success so im sending an email to customer service see what happens ill let you guys know

Last edited:

Couldn't agree more. The executive branch issues an edict for the Federal Reserve to print more money. More money does 2 things. It floods the market with money, so you have more dollars chasing a finite supply of goods, the price of those goods can therefore charge a higher premium so prices go up.

Second effect, the more dollars flooding the market causes the buying power of the dollar to decrease as the dollar becomes less valuable. Prices stay the same at the manufacturing end, but the dollar itself devaluates and prices seem to go up.

With either effect, you have to work longer, harder and have less time to do the things that get you wheeling. Now throw in taxes, or tax increases and you are screwed cause all that extra hard work just goes to the government.

So yay for hope and change!

Oh my gosh! Had to let you guys know about my latest lighting upgrade.

I've been running the IPF headlights and the 4x41 bulbs (80w low/60w high) for some time now. Light output improvement is DRAMATIC over stock. Here's a pic from my website showing the factory light on the pass side and new IPF light on the drivers side. This was with the factory wiring harness.

Low beams:
IPFtest1.jpg

High beams:
IPFtest2.jpg

I've run the IPF lights with the wiring harness before, (on my TJ) but I hadn't added the harness later to the existing setup.
I added the wiring harness and a set of the IPF 80/110 bulbs yesterday.

HOLY SMOKES!!!:gee::looney::yelclap::clap::worship:

As one who should've known better, I cannot believe the difference these mods made! The new bulbs still have the same 80watt low beam, but the light output is hugely improved. The harness made an enormous difference. Dramatically cleaner, brighter light.

I can't even explain the difference between the 60watt and 110 watt high beams. Awesome... WAY more light than before. Much better coverage of the road sides and much longer distance too. Wish I'd done this a long time ago!

If anyone out there is running IPF headlights and 4x41 or Fat Boy bulbs (or other headlights) and you're wondering if a wiring harness is a worthwhile upgrade, let me encourage you to GET THAT!

If you wanna go all out, opt for the higher wattage bulbs too. You won't be sorry...:cheers:

Now there is something to start a LOOOOONG thread about! hahaha!
I'd say the first thing to go down was pride in one's country. Followed by most of the beliefs and things that once made it great!

Back on topic... I'm gonna have to look into the IPFs. Best place to get them? Full, dummy proof install thread??

I'd say the first thing to go down was pride in one's country. Followed by most of the beliefs and things that once made it great!
Don't even get me started on that topic! We are facing the most important election we've EVER had in this country. We're all in or we're all gone...

Back on topic... I'm gonna have to look into the IPFs. Best place to get them? Full, dummy proof install thread??

I could think of a place or 2 to get the lights...:sunshine:

The headlights themselves are plug & play. The harness isn't difficult either- even for an "electrically challenged" guy like me!

Not sure if there's any threads or not...

I wrote a dummy proof write-up on installing the harness. Here it is.

Cruiser’s Headlight Upgrade Harness Instructions

Absolutely plug and play. Remove grille and headlamp bulbs. I fed my harnesses from the passenger side starting between the battery and the back of the headlamp housing, over to the driver side. Plug the driver side bulb into the new harness. Attach the new harness's ground wire under one of the small bolts on the radiator support after scraping the paint off under it. Attach the harness to the existing harness behind the grille working toward the passenger side. . Plug the new harness plug into passenger headlamp. Plug original headlamp plug into receptacle on new harness. Attach the ground for the passenger side just like you did the driver side under a radiator support bolt. Attach relays with provided bracket on the passenger side inner fender. Connect power wires to battery.

Whoaa!

Offroad light duties are handled by a 78x 5W LED bar from Vision-X (38000+ lumen),
a set of street legal (means: E-coded) driving lights (9x 5W each, EPX-910 from Vision-X)
will be added later today, two small 2x 10W LEDs will light up the area before the winch
and 4 Solstice Prime 10W work lights live below the roof rack for lighting the camp at night.
Two more Solstice 10W live recessed in the rear bumper.

10740905mj.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, $1200 for the set! There is definitely other options.

WOW, $1200 for the set! There is definitely other options.

Love these lights but there is just no way I can justify $1200 for a set of headlights...

Now if that included upgraded wiring for the entire rig, new high output alternator, new Optima Batter, etc... I might consider it.

... and I thought my Cibie lights were expensive... :)

Well, lets see here... I paid $2500 for the entire Heep around three years ago. So....... add in a 48% of initial cost for a pair of headlights. Sure, right. Well, OK, maybe not.

Back