• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone played with Fox 2.0 rebound valving?

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
I was just woundering what other people are running for rebound valving on their 2.0 Fox shocks. I have the Fox 2.0 JK piggy back shocks with external compression dampening adjustment, they came with 20/90 valving. Compression is the softest setting "20" due to the fact that I can externally make them stiffer via the CD adjustment knob. The rebound is 90 and this is as stiff as it gets, what have you found works best on a XJ? I do a bit of everything with my XJ, its my dd but it see's rock crawling and lots of go fast stuff. I have found threads with people asking similar questions and they all say "I will change my valving and report back," none of them ever do....
I can say I like my external compression adjustment set on setting 6 of 8 for most the stuff I do but have not yet touched rebound valving. I have 6 inchs of lift on 33's with skyjackers rock ready mid-arm 4 link kit and coils, and no swaybars yet. What have you guys found works for you?

I have the same question. I have 2.0 reservoirs with the external damping adjustment. I was at KOH this year and had a buddy run alongside me at about 50, the shocks were staking up on the washboard.
I have no idea where to start! So if anyone has a clue please let us know, thanks

When i had mine up front they were 30/90, i had them on a ZJ with the v8 motor but they were a little to soft, so you can try it and see how they feel.

I run 65/40 all around in my Fox 2.0s, it has worked out very well for me. It runs whoops, trail riding, and rock crawling. Streets a bunch as well.

I dont have a lot of uptravel (~4-5" tops) but the valving made a difference when i changed from 20/90 to this.

i run airbumps too however which ramps up my rate huge when im close to bottom

So I talked to the shop I bought my shocks from, the owner is a fox shock tuning guy. He told me that setting the rebound at 80 might help, he said on setups like my XJ he will run from 80-90 on rebound. I think its to much dampening but he said moving from 90 to 80 is actually a pretty big step and I will notice a difference.
He also told me the external CD adjuster makes the shocks not good for go fast stuff and that a properly tuned 2.0 fox shock would preform better in the conditions I am using it in. The CD adjuster restricts oil flow and when driving fast it simply can't move oil fast enough. He said they were designed more for street driving "controled body roll," and trails. My buddy has fox 2.0 resivior shocks on his truck without the CD adjuster and it does seem like his work much better at high speed stuff.

im running your exact setup but on my TJ, works great. I dont have any real packing issues. and have the adjuster set to 8 in the high speed runs.
In the vid the camera is attatched to my jeep and project rangrunner is trying to keep up. fast foward to 2 min for the big hits. ive always been curious to playing with the rebound but shes just running to good to mess with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SynbWakftU

Talked to a guy named mark at fox, he is running the exact shocks I am with a XJ lifted 6 inchs just like me. He had the same packing issues I am having and he changed the rebound to 75 and said it is much better now. He also thinks my skyjacker springs are to stiff as does mark at sand trans. I am going to try 75 on my rebound and report back, I think deaver coils would be slot better than my skyjacker coils to.

TJdualsport, your video looks pretty fun but you can't tell what your suspension is doing in the video. Put a go pro mount on your frame looking at the front suspension, pretty cool to watch!

bumping instead of starting a new thread.

what did you end up going with? im going to be running 2.0s in a few weeks and im unsure of what valving to go with. i also DD my jeep and it sees alot of crawling and go fast.

I am running the same 4-6" lift JK front fox 2.0's with a 4.5" rubicon coil ( new gen ) and I am currently running the same valving I have been running when I still had shorts arms and a 3.5" coil with the smaller 2.5" lift jk shocks. I am running 75-50 and its pretty decent. Now that I went with a longer coil and long arms I think I might step the comp up 1 step to 80.

I really need to get some 12" shocks for the rear and go in through the floor. For now the front is so much better than the rear there isn't any reason to mess with the front.

Like this? 11 inch fox 2.0's.

d349a720.jpg

9b857129.jpg

Back