• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hahahahahaha... Ohhh boy

They appear to be a close and tight knit family, but what seems to elude them is there joining another family of sorts,... The off-road racing community.

Rather than stepping back from this tragedy with some humility and gratitude towards the people that helped them starting with the medics, hospital, and organizations that helped cover some of their medical expenses they just kept digging the hole deeper with every reply in the thread.

They had the perfect opportunity to be a part of a inspirational comeback story, but instead their first race back could look more like Obama showing up at a Tea Party fundraiser.

Yeah with a little different tone to the video and some thanks to their current sponsors/Fast Aid, they probably would have had an entirely different outcome.

i absolutely agree, to completely ignore those who helped you out and immediately start begging for more help is a pretty bad move. it could have been handled much better.

Sell all that snap-on stuff in the background and you got a new jeep right there.

Sell all that snap-on stuff in the background and you got a new jeep right there.

meh... the only part i agree with the OP on that note is most shops require mechanics to have their own tools. the shop most likely doesn't own the snap on goodies.

i would say sell one of the business's they own to pay for the car. but maybe thats because i dont own one.

thats kinda funny, "through no fault of our own". if your jeep lights on fire, its through a fault of your own. and they got what, a mile into the race in that video? thats a definite oversight of something wrong.
Watch the vid again. It's fast-forwarded through most of the race footage. The power line road(you can see the poles going by in the vid) is 30-40 miles into the course. I can't really blame the fire on them. Speculation was an overheated engine/lack of air flow in a hot engine compartment/burned through clutch line, so it could be driver error. On the other hand, it could have been a leaking line or fitting, which wouldn't be driver error.

(By the way, I think Derrick and I made it about 14 miles on the Parker course before we busted our truck a couple years ago. That wasn't driver error. I blame society. :D )

i have zero involvement in the racing world, but i read up to about page 14...

my favorite (and by "favorite" i mean "that is bull crap, really") part isnt that they neglected to thank fast-aid, or that they didnt do so until it was told that they should have done so. i like the fact that they only felt they needed to AFTER fast-aid took care of the bill for them.

I apologize for not using the word "thank you." We were extremely grateful to fast-aide for covering the co-pays like I stated above it was a real load off of our heads while we were in the hospital trying to get better. Jared did a great job getting us our reimbursements as stated above.... we were all very busy from February through April with Tax Season and his moving.

guess their money is more important than their services... :dunno:

Last edited:
Apparently "They're watching us"...

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/introductions/162346.htm

Hello everyone.... just wanted to pop in and say hi... we see you....

This is Christy Snow - driver Snows Race Team 1719
mom of four and wife of one

Hope all are well, but after reading the posts its so enlighting to see others opinions of our family,

Take Care.... Best of Luck to you all.
Christy​

Hi Christy :wave1: you're a dumbass and lack of knowing what you're doing almost got your daughter killed. I hope you've learned something, racing is 90% preparation of the vehicle AND the team driving it. 10% is the car itself.

Better luck next time :D

Is having a built in fire system not a common thing in JS?
Outside of the "fast" classes, plumbed in fire suppression is pretty rare anywhere in desert racing. Most of the cars don't have it. Score and BITD require two 2.5lb bottles on the car, one accessible to the Dr./coDr. and one accessible from outside the car.

neverhadyourcar.jpg

Back