• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

guitarists

05gtdrv3r said:
What was the first song everyone learned?

Sunday, Bloody Sunday. My guitar teacher was cool, teach you what you wanted to learn, and teached you wanted he thought you should learn to compliment your taste in music. I remember learning "Girl from Imponema" and "Bosa Nova" because the fingering techniques would help me learn "Message in a Bottle" easier. What do you know, he was right!
Now I own a Dean slim line acoustic/electric, an Ibanez strat copy, and a real cheap New York Pro acoustic, my local guitar shop had these New York Pro's on sale for $110 and it sounds unbelievably good, great low action with no buzz.
Two greatest forms of relieving stress for me are workin' on my Cherokee or playing guitar.

Been playing for about seven years. My style is Blues/Southern Rock, I like keeping things simple.

My collection:

Acoustics:
Gibson Songwriter
El Cheapo Epiphone $100 acoustic

Electrics:
Fender MIM Stratocaster gutted and replaced with custom handwound Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot pickups, GraphTech saddles.

Fender Ash Telecaster gutted and replaced with Lindy Fralin Blues Hot pickups, vintage 3 saddle brass bridge.

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie F-30 1x12 combo, 22w, Celestion G12H30 speaker, EH 12ax7

Fender Blues Deluxe 1x12 combo, 40w, Eminence speaker

Line 6 Spider III 1x8 combo, 15w, RMA'd 3 times and counting!

Effects:
Fulltone Fulldrive 2...That's all.

100_0561.jpg

Ibanez Artstar AS-80
Hamer Archtop
Breedlove SC25
Marshall 2203 (small cabinet, green tolex - WAY limited edition)
Sovtek MIG50
Mesa 2x12 recto series slant cab

Back