• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gift for a Marine

Funny that gizmo that carried the electrical charge to the base of the round was called a firing pin, it was pointy on one end and fired the round.LOL
It's called combined arms, we had everything from choppers, through tanks, to scout vehicles, infantry carriers, even track mounted 4.2 MM mortars. I qualified 11E (later19K and 19Z), 11D (later 19D),63A, 63B, 63C and H, 45K (91K) 21B and C. I even went to 88K school, was 21K and M qualified. There are others. Some of us can walk and chew gum at the same time. I've mixed some of the old MOS designators with some of the newer ones.
I took a school a year, sometimes more if I could. School was my road to advancement, I took everything I could and tried my darnedest to be top in my class. I managed to keep the brown off my nose and still got promoted. I was even in an 880A slot for awhile, though I never really did do the job, I was running a 3 shop.
Funny, I've still got that firing pin, wanna buy one?

i can tell you never did any legitimate aircraft work, first because you list no aviation MOS, and you used the word "choppers" but I can believe the 88 series MOS

"Bad things happen when the powers that be get overly relaxed. Young warriors end up dying because some politician thought they knew better."

That's the point I was trying to make.

i can tell you never did any legitimate aircraft work, first because you list no aviation MOS, and you used the word "choppers" but I can believe the 88 series MOS
I tried to avoid a word that might be confused or date me too much. Yes your right, I avoided the choppers at every opportunity. And still managed to be involved in three incidence. I'm one of those "if God had intended me to fly he would have given me wings" Guys.

I read the "putting him out on guard duty with no bullets" comment as they had ammo but were not giving it to the soldiers on guard duty for whatever reason. That's what I responded to and was my point of view.
I did not interpret that to mean that they did not have any ammo at all because that does not make any sense.
I guess only 8Mud can advise what he meant.
All I cans say is what he wrote me and requested. My best guesstimate is that he actually wanted his own ammo and felt vulnerable, by maybe having it passed out to him and then collected backup again. Just a guess or maybe if he did have to expend some rounds, he didn't want to have to do the paperwork and/or file a report. Which seems less likley as, in most situations with lots of bullets, they get lost and are relatively easy to find.
I just remember at the time thinking, ain't this typical. Darned if I know for sure, the next jar of peanut butter I sent him was really heavy. :)

Yea I'd love to but that non-existant pin.
I guess after you rattle off enough lies you start to believe them.
I'd love to hear more about you being a 21B, when was that?

When do they put 880A in charge of S3 shops? Did you just Google a weird WO designator and throw it out there? Come on man you've got to do better than that. I can sorta believe you with the 11D/E but not much of anything else.

Yes everyone has heard of combined arms, but what you described is not combined arms. I'm not going to tell you what it is though, make you work Google some more.

Honestly I shouldn't care, but when people pretend to be something they are not it just pisses me off. You probably have served for a short amount of time but your job was probably closer to cook than anything else. From your stories of scouting along the fence near the Gap to bouncing around Bosnia in a Jeep its all just a load of crap. You leave half truths in every post you write try to sell yourself off as an SF guy when you probably cooked them some scrambled eggs once, here is a hint that doesn't make you one.

I went to 21B school, passed the qualification and taught the classes.
That ties right in with the combined arms thing, That's what the Cav called it, so that's what I'll call it. We had bridges and spade tanks and were most times the spearhead. It's nice if you have the equipment, it's also nice if you have qualified operators. We often picked up mission specific equipment, most units were not too fond of giving up personnel, you had to supply your own.
I'm not gonna show you copies of my DD 214's or measure my pecker for you.
If I can find the firing pin I'll post a picture. I'll even mail it to you, if you promise to use it as a suppository. I need sufficient motivation to go looking for it.
I picked up the 88 designator on my way to Nam as advance party for a portion of the Division. Maybe detachment would have been a better word than shop. Though we were the Division 3 shop in Nam at the time.
I thought it was funny being sent to boat drivers school. About like an Ordinance Officer leading a tank platoon. In your world I guess that never happens.

Last edited:
snowball.jpg

:rof:

I went to the school, passed the qualification and taught the classes.
That ties right in with the combined arms thing, That's what the Cav called it, so that's what I'll call it. We had bridges and spade tanks and were most times the spearhead. It's nice if you have the equipment, it's also nice if you have qualified operators.
I'm not gonna show you copies of my DD 214's or measure my pecker for you.
If I can find the firing pin I'll post a picture. I'll even mail it to you, if you promise to use it as a suppository.
I picked up the 88 designator on my way to Nam as advance party for a portion of the Division. Maybe I should have been more specific and said detachment instead of shop, though in effect we were the 3 shop and they were working for us.
They sure as heck never told me much. It was important to them, for whatever reason, that I be a boat driver. I never worked in the job. I thought it was funny. About like an Ordinance Officer leading a tank platoon. In your world I guess that never happens.

And your still just rattling off half truths.

At least you figured out that you were in a Cav unit and not a combined arms unit. :looser:

Personally I don't care if you posted your 214 on here, anyone can get a blank copy and type whatever they want, thats why they catch so many morons who are faking about being in the military.

It doesn't matter how specific you could've been your first post shows exactly how little you know. Any retarded PVT knows the difference between S3 shop and a detachment, they aren't even remotely close. The 3 shop doesn't work for anyone except the CMDR, whether its BN, BDE or G3 at DIV or CORP.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me when you became a 21B? Lets go SAPPER, you want to throw some BS out there you should be ready to back it up.

Good luck finding a pin that doesn't exist.

8Mud said:
All I cans say is what he wrote me and requested. My best guesstimate.......

Here you go again, if someone is asking for bullets in a war zone, I'm pretty sure they are also telling you why.
Was it an American? What unit? You can tell us if he is an American and what unit he is/was serving in, the man is good but not that good.

And your still just rattling off half truths.

At least you figured out that you were in a Cav unit and not a combined arms unit. :looser:

Personally I don't care if you posted your 214 on here, anyone can get a blank copy and type whatever they want, thats why they catch so many morons who are faking about being in the military.

It doesn't matter how specific you could've been your first post shows exactly how little you know. Any retarded PVT knows the difference between S3 shop and a detachment, they aren't even remotely close. The 3 shop doesn't work for anyone except the CMDR, whether its BN, BDE or G3 at DIV or CORP.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me when you became a 21B? Lets go SAPPER, you want to throw some BS out there you should be ready to back it up.

Good luck finding a pin that doesn't exist.

Here you go again, if someone is asking for bullets in a war zone, I'm pretty sure they are also telling you why.
Was it an American? What unit? You can tell us if he is an American and what unit he is/was serving in, the man is good but not that good.

CDMR: BG Gerrard would have loved you, he was actually Division second, in charge of training.

2j2jc6q.png

AVLB's Yup, actually too big to miss. Spade tanks Yup, laying mines Yup, blowing chit up Yup.

WTF is wrong with you? I take back using it as a suppository, it would actually make a much better butt plug.

Last edited:
CDMR: BG Gerrard would have loved you, he was actually Division second, in charge of training.

2j2jc6q.png

AVLB's Yup, actually too big to miss. Spade tanks Yup, laying mines Yup, blowing chit up Yup.

WTF is wrong with you? I take back using it as a suppository, it would actually make a much better butt plug.

Division second?

I guess I didn't much care when you rattled off about how you did all these amazing things, but when you tried to pass yourself off as a 21B, well I guess you just pissed this SAPPER off.
You have never will never be a 21B. And your so full of your own chit that you can't even figure out why you were never a 21B.
Spades tank?

And again, I think its kinda hard to use a non-existant firing pin as a butt plug.

Just admit you lied about being a 21B and this will all go away.

And honestly I'm starting to think you don't even live in Germany, a little past your bed time isn't it grandpa?

Last edited:
Division second?

I guess I didn't much care when you rattled off about how you did all these amazing things, but when you tried to pass yourself off as a 21B, well I guess you just pissed this SAPPER off.
You have never will never be a 21B. And your so full of your own chit that you can't even figure out why you were never a 21B.
Spades tank?

And again, I think its kinda hard to use a non-existant firing pin as a butt plug.

Just admit you lied about being a 21B and this will all go away.

Division second was the term we used for the Deputy Division commander, second in command, heir apparent or whatever.

CEV's were likely such pieces of junk (at the time) and with that stubby gun, they couldn't give them away. We used spade tanks instead. M-88, M578 or a wrecker, if we needed to lift something.
If you don't know what's behind the cap and spring in a breach block, I guess you've never taken one apart. Maybe you were too busy doing other things, sapping maybe.
Ever hear of a place called Vilseck or Bad Tolz?
Me thinks you are trying to glorify the engineers, who were often last on the list for training money. The LVAB's were too big for many roads and the spades had to be taken off the CEV's to transport them. Engineers usually didn't get out much. Sure enough handy in war time, though they often didn't get to train much, outside of the classroom.
I also went to tank commanders school and the 7th Army NCO academy.
Please explain to me what sappers have to do with bridge laying vehicles?
Next question, how many of your AVLB`s actually worked, how many of your CEV spades went up and down? If you would have called me, I likely could have fixed them for you. I was a pretty good plumber and had a talent with pumps. Mine worked.
Just a quick question, how do you check track tension on a CEV?

Last edited:
Division second was the term we used for the Deputy Division commander, second in command, heir apparent or whatever.

CEV's were likely such pieces of junk (at the time) and with that stubby gun, they couldn't give them away. We used spade tanks instead.
If you don't know what's behind the cap and spring in a breach block, I guess you've never taken one apart. Maybe you were too busy doing other things, sapping maybe.
Ever hear of a place called Vilseck or Bad Tolz?
Me thinks you are trying to glorify the engineers, who were often last on the list for training money.
I also went to tank commanders school and the 7th Army NCO academy.
Please explain to me what sappers have to do with bridge laying vehicles?
Next question, how many of your AVLB`s actually worked, how many of your CEV spades went up and down? If you would have called me, I likely could have fixed them for you. I was a pretty good plumber and had a talent with pumps. Mine worked.
Just a quick question, how do you check track tension on a CEV?

See the simple fact that you are not even familiar with a SAPPER proves your a big faker.
Why would I take a tank main gun apart, I'm not a tanker.
As far as I know all the AVLBs and CEVs worked but then again I was a 21B, 21Bs didn't drive those things. Thats another type of engineer, but let me guess you already knew that.
Track tension? I guess a tankers bar and a BFW oh and I think they would use a sledge on the end caps. Am I close?
You've already changed the type of engineer you are claiming to be and you don't even know that you've done it. You still think you were a 21B and you clearly weren't.
I would ask questions about the M18, M21, M16 and the M14 but I would just be wasting my time because you weren't a 21B.
Ok now google.

Oh i forgot to ask what was on the menu this morning mess daddy?

Last edited:
Back