• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

General Questions-Not FAQs

DXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking at my brochure for my 95 and then looked at the brochure for a 94. I found the following:

Length 94-168.8" and 95-165.4"
Width 94-67.7" and 95 70.5"

The heights, approach angle, departure angle, and beakover angles are all larger for 95.

My queston is about the length and width though. I thought that most of the parts were pretty interchangable through these years. Are they not as interchangable as I thought? Could the 3" difference be how they measured that particular year? Were there similar differences between other model years (I don't really mean 97+ here)?

My brochure also says that the towing package comes with a "Heavy Duty" radiator. Were two different radiators available in 95 or are they all considered "Heavy Duty" as a marketing ploy?

They also claim that the auxiliary electric fan is part of the towing package. I thought all XJs of similar years had that fan. Am I nuts?

In the OFF-ROAD SUSPENSION GROUP it says that it has a "heavy-duty unique front stabilizer bar (rear stabilizer bar is deleted)". I don't have this suspesion package but I know everybody mentions the rear sway bar isn't needed since the factory didn't feel it was needed on the off-road suspension. It seems that they didn't just delete the rear though, they provided a "unique" front to compensate. Does anyone know what makes it unique? Thicker maybe?

Sorry this got kind of long but sometimes I have assorted oddball questions. Thanks for your patience. Dan

i'd say its probrably just the way they measured cause all the body panels are identicla and interchangleable i believe all the way back to '84. The front sway bars are the same too i believe on off-road package XJs and standard. Also every 4.0 Xj came with an electric fan. About the radiator i think it might be a lil better with the trailor package i'm not positive on that though.

Later,

ERic

Trailor package came with a aux trans cooler.Any XJ with AC got the two core rad.There are about 4 different front sway bars,diam.from 23-28 mm.
Wayne

eric91xj said:
The front sway bars are the same too i believe on off-road package XJs and standard. Also every 4.0 Xj came with an electric fan. About the radiator i think it might be a lil better with the trailor package i'm not positive on that though.

Later,

ERic

Jeep has used at least three, and I believe four, different front sway bar diameters. They are not all the same. Another reason they deleted the rear sway bar with the off-road package is that those vehicles have a stiffer spring rate, which also compensates for the deletion of the rear bar.

Not every XJ has an electric fan. It is standard with a/c or the tow and off-road packages, otherwise the standard cooling system is a 1-row radiator with no electric fan.

I guess since I live in California, I don't see many vehicles without A/C unless it's a super econo-box.

Thanks everybody for the info.

Back