• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gatlinburg

Unbelievable. It's amazing how one building is a pile of ash on the ground, and the one just a few feet away appears to be unharmed. Condolences to all those who have been effected.

Sad, very sad. I have spent a lot of time there over the years vacationing. It will never be the same, might not ever recover the lost revenue.

:bawl::bawl::bawl:So sad, my dad's family is from near the area and I've spent a huge part of my life in Gatlinburg. It really breaks my heart as my wife and I have been talking about a trip back next year. :(

Ouch.

Next comes the mud slides.

My sympathies to those who are affected.

We were planning a trip in the spring, it will be interesting to see how much they are able to rebuild by then. This will kill their Christmas revenue, hope the homeowners and business owners are able to recover.

Thanks for the pictures , my family vacationed there when I was a kid ,such a beautiful area so sad to see. I hope the best for these folks.

I could have taken a thousand pics, they would have all looked the same.

Devastation is everywhere, there is at least 1000 homes gone.

Whatever you see on the news.........it's BS. And I know there are more dead, they have been incinerated.

We will rebuild, Gatlinburg will come back.

thats horrible. Im sorry for those who lost everything.

what caused this disaster ? Arson?

I've heard the phrase "human caused" through the week but no one has specified arson versus carelessness. Not sure if the officials even know.

That is terrible. I just hope they don't get run around by the insurance companies. Glad to see SFWD collecting stuff. I have not been there in years but I think a trip there will be on the list. I cannot think of anything I can do better than going there for a weekend and spend money in there economy.

The same co-worker that that heard it might be arson also had heard that Dolly Parton was going to help rebuild efforts with donations to everybody who is rebuilding.

Any family who survived the fire is getting 1,000 a month for six months. If probably be more then what the Red Cross will give them if my flood history with the Red Cross is the same. A friend lived there for a few years and has friends down there. One of her friends took off to check on the fire as they had no power leaving his wife and two daughters at home. His wife called him short time later saying their home was on fire and he had their only car. Yesterday it was announced they found all three dead. Him and his son only survived. As a dad and being married I can't imagine my life without my wife or daughter.

I heard about that family via coworkers too, I was hoping that wasn't going to be the outcome, but sadly, not surprised by it at the same time. That $1k a month for 6 months is pretty good, that should cover rental expenses until homes can get rebuild, so lomg as insurance companies don't pull some "Act of God" or similar BS on the survivors.

Back