• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GAS Prices

Gnat5680

NAXJA Forum User
ok i knew i would get some sort of people in here wanting to know if it is a way to lower there MPG. but its not.

ok so i was thinking if we ever get out of iraq, what do you think the gas prices will drop down to??

my but is some where around $2.00, any more guesses?

They won't drop. Gas prices are high due to a agreement between the government, oil companies, and the environazis.

Here is the deal:

The oil companies get a few more bucks and the OK to drill in new areas.

The environazis get more people into smaller cars and out of big trucks and SUV's ( the major automakers just announced trucks and suv sales are almost half of last years)

The government gets the enviors off their backs for a little while.

The only losers in this are us. This deal was handled by Greenpeace, through one of their covert organizations.

Rev

I don't know how it is down by Rev Den, but gas started dropping a about $.03 a gallon by me this morningparty1:

What Rev just posted makes complete sense, wonder if it's true.......

Rev Den said:
They won't drop. Gas prices are high due to a agreement between the government, oil companies, and the environazis.

Here is the deal:

The oil companies get a few more bucks and the OK to drill in new areas.

The environazis get more people into smaller cars and out of big trucks and SUV's ( the major automakers just announced trucks and suv sales are almost half of last years)

The government gets the enviors off their backs for a little while.

The only losers in this are us. This deal was handled by Greenpeace, through one of their covert organizations.

Rev

Greenpeace Special Forces
Camo_small.jpg

bjoehandley said:
I don't know how it is down by Rev Den, but gas started dropping a about $.03 a gallon by me this morningparty1: .......

A few cents drop will happen, heck it may even drop 50 cents eventually....but it will never return to "normal" prices.

Rev

Gas prices aren't going anywhere but up. Raise it $0.10, drop it $0.03. Ooo...gas is coming down. Raise it $0.10 more, drop it $0.03. Ooo...gas is dropping.

Gas is going up. Get used to it.

So we get out of Iraq. What are they going to do? Low ball the price just for us? No way. Take the Saudi's. They're not spending anything on exploration. They've already got all their taps set. They could flow oil for $.50/bll. Why don't they? Why should they?

It's not just the US paying high prices for oil. Everybody else around the world wants it, too. As long as the sellers can move it for that price, that's what they're gonna do.

I almost forgot the BIG winners in this....the auto companies...HOW? you may ask...well me 2 footed friends allow me to clue you in..

People will begin to buy those "hybrid" things....you know...the cars that actually cost more to purchase then you will EVER save in gas, the cars that will harm the enviroment more than a regular gas car during its lifetime. The cars that test show you are 73% more likly to suffer severe injury in a crash as a regular car. And last but not least....the cars that cost far more then a comparable gas model....with a fair markup for the auto company.

Rev

Rev Den said:
I almost forgot the BIG winners in this....the auto companies...HOW? you may ask...well me 2 footed friends allow me to clue you in..

People will begin to buy those "hybrid" things....you know...the cars that actually cost more to purchase then you will EVER save in gas, the cars that will harm the enviroment more than a regular gas car during its lifetime. The cars that test show you are 73% more likly to suffer severe injury in a crash as a regular car. And last but not least....the cars that cost far more then a comparable gas model....with a fair markup for the auto company.

Cool, someone else "gets it".

High gas prices are all about moving more new, shiny/bling consumer items. Nothing less, nothing more.

Rev Den said:

Rev

So this is a conspiracy to sell fewer vehicles with the highest profit margins (SUVs) and more vehicles with the lowest (hybrids) ?

I don't think there is a profitable hybrid out there today - I think even Toyota loses several thousand dollars on every Prius sold... Eventually the production costs will come down for sure, but right now, these things are far from a cash cow for the auto companies (though maybe they are for dealers?)... Cars like the Insight and Prius are still image vehicles like the Ford GT or Dodge Viper - of course not the same image, but an image nonetheless...

Travis

I hate buying gas but I have to buy gas.

I have a friend who works for Cheveron and about 3 months ago we had dinner and he was all talking about how they posted higher profits than they ever did and they are looking for new ways to invest their money overseas.

That made me pretty upset since they were all talking about how they are also absorbing costs and other random excuses why their prices were elevated.

After that meal i had a queasy feeling in my stomach and now when i talk to him I get irritated real fast. I have not had a conversation with him even on friendly terms in a while.

I think tha the way he was boasting about how when I buy gas they make a lot more money now and here I am workin for my measely paycheck every 2 weeks and half of it goes to gas.

also as a note about toyta prius drivers that i see daily on the road, they either drive it so they can use the fast lane, or they drive it so damn slow so they can eek out every mpg out of it. they are always in the way and feel they are above everyone else. its frustrating since to get the wonderful mileage out of these little craps you have to drive in a manner that really inconveniences everyone around you.

i have this rule that if i cant hear the engine then i dont want to be driving it..

As for my friend that works for Cheveron I want to shoot him.:pig::pig:

Last edited:
Hybrids in this area are getting several thousand OVER sticker, someone is making money on them, besides the forcefeeding of "hybids" on the public will also get the car makers a little leeway with the environazis, whom everyone seems to fear.

Rev

Rev Den said:
Hybrids in this area are getting several thousand OVER sticker, someone is making money on them, besides the forcefeeding of "hybids" on the public will also get the car makers a little leeway with the environazis, whom everyone seems to fear.

Rev
but the manufacturer isn't getting any extra money from them selling over sticker...

I can easily believe that there is a lot of stuff going on between enviro groups, the government and big oil, but I have a hard time believing the auto manufacturers are in on it; they have too much invested in their SUV/truck lines and make too much profit there.

POSXJGuy said:
I hate buying gas but I have to buy gas.

I have a friend who works for Cheveron and about 3 months ago we had dinner and he was all talking about how they posted higher profits than they ever did and they are looking for new ways to invest their money overseas.

That made me pretty upset since they were all talking about how they are also absorbing costs and other random excuses why their prices were elevated.

After that meal i had a queasy feeling in my stomach and now when i talk to him I get irritated real fast. I have not had a conversation with him even on friendly terms in a while.

I think tha the way he was boasting about how when I buy gas they make a lot more money now and here I am workin for my measely paycheck every 2 weeks and half of it goes to gas.

also as a note about toyta prius drivers that i see daily on the road, they either drive it so they can use the fast lane, or they drive it so damn slow so they can eek out every mpg out of it. they are always in the way and feel they are above everyone else. its frustrating since to get the wonderful mileage out of these little craps you have to drive in a manner that really inconveniences everyone around you.

i have this rule that if i cant hear the engine then i dont want to be driving it..

As for my friend that works for Cheveron I want to shoot him.:pig::pig:

Hah! Your friend works for Chevron: my brother works for Chevron. He started out as a petroleum engineer, on the rigs. Now days, he's in the upper levels of middle management.

His assessment: As long as customers will pay a price for the oil, that's the price it will sell for.

FYI. According to him, everybody is wild for exploration. They all want in on the price hikes. He's in Angola lately, running exploration operations there. He says China is the biggest buyer of exploration rights worldwide. Pretty soon, China will be setting the price. Imagine that, if you can.

BrettM said:
but the manufacturer isn't getting any extra money from them selling over sticker...

I can easily believe that there is a lot of stuff going on between enviro groups, the government and big oil, but I have a hard time believing the auto manufacturers are in on it; they have too much invested in their SUV/truck lines and make too much profit there.

They can take care of profit losses with job cuts. I thought the hybrid sticker was subsidized to ease it's entry into the market.

As for the manufacturers outlook on electrics, here's GM's demonstration of their plans...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_EV1

The oil thing is still 'Follow the money', I'll say it again, the only place you can make money, long term is to sell something EVERYONE needs and can't do without, our economy, jobs, life and recreation are based on the automobile, no way around it. If you have a billion dollars where do you invest it, stockmarket, lousy for the past few years, interest rates ? Nope, fed is holding it down and has been holding it down for years so there's no more 18% mortgage loans, no 25% T notes, no money to be made there. Oil is a good candidate, the people who don't have it don't need it, those that do have it and depend on it need it badly,
I also said that if tomorrow you had a dream that panned out and made a pill you could add to sea water and make pure gasoline your life would'nt be worth a plugged nickel and you, your family, your friends your very existence would probably vanish like you have never been, there would be too many applecarts upset of too many powerful people and govts.

XJ Dreamin' said:
They can take care of profit losses with job cuts. I thought the hybrid sticker was subsidized to ease it's entry into the market.
I think the prius and honda are done with that, it was only good for so many units and prius passed that number a while back. It was a decreasing number too, it started at like $5,000 and decreased to $0 over time.number sold...

Back