• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Garage upgrade ideas?

How high are the ceilings? Storage lofts are nice.

ChuckD said:
Any atic space? I added a latter and sheets above my garage and it clean-up all my wifes junk plus some of mine. Now I have tons of room for my Jeep. I just need to find a place for my kids bikes and I am set.

See above post. We do have a HUGE shed in the back. It's an eyesore, but it means more room for a rig.
Billy

JeepFreak21 said:
It kinda sucks, the ceilings are 8 foot (I think) and finished, but there's no way (currently) to store stuff up there. No crawlspace entrance. I'm going to look into making a way though.
Billy

Embrace the sawzall.

Trash the bench and build one across the whole back wall and put a back and side on it so things won't fall behind it, make it as high as your beltbuckle, put peg board up there on the wall as well and string flourecent lights end to end. Put a power strip on the front of the work bench end to end. If it is two single doors you can also build a and 18" to 2' wide one in the front part between the doors, build this one on HD castors so you can roll it around. Is it a real 2 car 24x24 or 20x20 ?
Start scrounging any houses being torn down or remodeled look for wall cabinets that are being heaved, they make great storage for your oil, filters and any other parts supplies. When I did my parents garage I used cabinets one whole walll, the workbench was built with 4x4 for the legs and I built a platform out of white bricks across the back wall, 2ft deep and one brick high for the workbench to sit on, I could wash the floor then and not worry about getting the wooden legs wet.

photo6.jpg

Yes as I built it!

Is you washer and dryer out there, if so resl easy. Or is it on the otherside of a wall to the garage area?

hinkley

Epoxy the floor. It makes cleanup a ton easier. You don't worry that much about a drip when you are working.

RichP said:
Trash the bench and build one across the whole back wall and put a back and side on it so things won't fall behind it, make it as high as your beltbuckle, put peg board up there on the wall as well and string flourecent lights end to end. Put a power strip on the front of the work bench end to end. If it is two single doors you can also build a and 18" to 2' wide one in the front part between the doors, build this one on HD castors so you can roll it around. Is it a real 2 car 24x24 or 20x20 ?
Start scrounging any houses being torn down or remodeled look for wall cabinets that are being heaved, they make great storage for your oil, filters and any other parts supplies. When I did my parents garage I used cabinets one whole walll, the workbench was built with 4x4 for the legs and I built a platform out of white bricks across the back wall, 2ft deep and one brick high for the workbench to sit on, I could wash the floor then and not worry about getting the wooden legs wet.

Mine's an 18' wide x 22' deep. You've got some good ideas... thanks man!
Billy

cbremer said:
http://trailbossoffroad.com/house/house11.jpg[/img]

http://trailbossoffroad.com/house/house12.jpg[/img]

i was lucky enough to buy a house with a pretty nicely set-up garage already in place :) a 2-post lift would be a nice addition though... if your ceiling is high enough, a lift would make it into a 3-car garage :eek:

Wow! That is clean!
Billy

Back