• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fun of Living in Delaware...

Del00XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Not knowing how many people on this site are from Delaware but this little sketch might, for some, be able to relate to. Before I started wheelin' and carrying on in the mud, I was pretty hardcore into street trucks. I had a 96' S10 bagged, shaved, yada yada ya. I never sold the truck because it's beat to all recognition and it's a keepsake to me and a horrible lawn ornament to my neighbors. Anyway, our local "Main Street" Newark, Delaware is the cruising down in you truck or anything with aftermarket parts in it kinda street (We all have one). If you know minitrucks then you know the term "draggin'". No not racing light to light, but instead draggin' the rear of the truck or the layin' a whole frame and throwing sparks on ghetto titanium plates welded to the frame. Anywho, I was riding with a buddy last night in his bagged Silverado and he laid it out doing 40mph down this particular road, threw sparks at the cars behind us and scared the piss out of people on the sidewalk. Got pulled over a mile down the road. $700 fine for "exhibition of power", $75 for speeding, and $200 for out of date tags. He also said the city will survey the street we "molested" and a bill will be sent to him in turn for the repairs... How gay is that?

$700 fine for "exhibition of power", $75 for speeding, and $200 for out of date tags. He also said the city will survey the street we "molested" and a bill will be sent to him in turn for the repairs..

$700 fine for "exhibition of power" - That's pretty much every where.

$75 for speeding - was he speeding ?

$200 for out of date tags - were they in fact out of date ?

He also said the city will survey the street we "molested" and a bill will be sent to him in turn for the repairs.. - "dragging" cannot be GOOD for the pavement..

I'm sorry, I have no sympathy. I would have laughed if I was walking around your town and saw a cop roll your friend. Thats just dumb to do obviously illegal things in the center of town in front of a bunch of people. I'm trying to avoid criticism of taste (slammed trucks = :puke: ). But thats just bad judgement: exhibition of speed/wreckless behavior on the main street in town where people and modified cars congregate (going to be cops around) and driving around doing illegal things without current tags.

BTW I have been all over the DelMarVa and theres quiet back roads all over there, if youre going to break the law at least do it where youre less likely to get caught.
-AL

Last edited:
i agree with the above post. if you do something stupid and get caught, whose fault is it? and if you're going to draw attention to yourself, at least make sure your paperwork is all in order.....

You see what happens when you hang out with ricers.

I think its fawking cool

got pics of throwing sparks?

I have an MJ now... One link rear? Bags? Roll Pan? :D :D :D

Yea, we all know it's stupid. We get pulled over on the same road in our Jeeps for stupid things. Newark cops are officers enrolled in the criminal justice program and University of Delaware. They aren't allowed to have guns and at the least of dollar store can of pepper spray and some quarters to use a payphone in order to call for backup. The same cop has pulled me, measured my bumper height, checked how stable my spare is on my roof rack and "swore i had a breaklight out". As before, yea, we're pretty dumb. No this is not a ricer crowd. Check it out... Nationwide club called "Negative Camber". Yea, there's Honda's in the club but this is far from a ricer crowd. Airbagged suspension, throwing sparks, and a Whipple charger on a 6.0 silverado is far from ricer if you ask me... I'm just glad I wasn't driving

hah I just got rid of my sonoma not long after I got my jeep, I am still into the same stuff, I like lifted and lowered trucks. I just realized that I can have a ton more fun with the jeep than with the truck, so i sold it got a daily driver 4cyl toyota truck and now have the jeep as my fun vehicle. The 4wheeling crowd seems to be alot cooler than the minitruckers and street truck groups, ive been a member of alot of forums and naxja and similar have the greatest variety of people. When I go on rides people are really nice and are always looking to help out.

my sonoma
2.jpg

You don't have to drive a Japanese car to be a ricer. Where I come from, its clearly a state of mind, if not an entire style of fashion. I've seen ricer's driving Eagles, Chevy's, Fords, Dodges (Neon/2.0 anyone?) and even...Jeeps.

As soon as you have a cap on any way other than facing front and have sculpted facial hair... you're a ricer.

Have a loud tailpipe on an otherwise completely stock car...you're a ricer.

Lower your vehicle, at all... you're a ricer.

Wear baby blue and white clothing and you're a white person... you're a ricer.

I could go on, but its already lost its appeal...

:D

As before...
Hoagie shooter pipe

LED Hood Pisser's

M3 Fenders on an 88' Accord

Aluminum spoilers

"NOS" Stickers

Crowding in a Burger Kind parking lot

Aimlessly revving and dumping your clutch

Getting your ass whooped by a 99' XJ with 4 inches of lift, and 31's... Locked and Loaded baby! I'm sure you all can relate. Teasing a car so small you can't see the driver, then pulling like a freight train when the light goes green!

anybody who lives above the canal knows that the Newark cops are a little "zealous" with their tickets. but, sheesh... if you're gonna do something stupid, don't complain when you get a ticket. you're lucky they didn't look for more stuff to write the tickets on.

Newark's also got an anti-noise law... so, if a cop can hear your stereo 50 feet away, ticket time! which is a pain for the SWB guys in my club.

do you go up to Rausch Creek or Paragon at all?

They now honor Fl. ccw permits, gotta love THAT

see my sig

as my passed on best friend once called auto mechanics, "the discipline if steel"

so is the 2nd amendment

Back