• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full bodied MJ on 42.5 boggers

Any air bags or helper springs in the f150? Think I'm towing mine hunting this year and I'm almost set on the roadmaster active suspension since I'm leveled

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sorry for slacking here. Just an update. Been having a ton of fun with this thing, it works flawlessly. Aside from braking half a dozen axle shafts this summer. Here are some pics of the shenanigans.

Back at it. Just Called Rusty at Rustys Off Road and got a pair of R311-R coming for the rear. The old Skyjunkers are beat, dented and leaking from years of abuse. I will mount these on top the axle and into the bed to prevent damage.

https://postimage.org/

Along with some brackets and tabs from Barnes 4wd, to build a anti-wrap/driveshaft protection bar and redo the rear shackles.

Finally got 35 spline Alloys... I think I will have my local machinist EDM the old 30 spline RPM flanges out to 35, Instead of buying new ones. Anyone tried that before?

I finally got around to installing my new shackles and pivots I made with an old set of Ballistic Joints. I am surprised the old Ebay chevy drop shackles held up for as long as they did.

Even replaced the rear bushing with poly, I left the front bushings rubber so hopefully the front will twist, the rear should flex with the joint and the poly will let the shackle pivot without resistance.

I also cut off the shock mounts and spring perches. I rolled the pinion up so my pinion guard stopped acting like a shovel, and will move the shock mounts to on to the axle in hopes of preventing rock damage.

To mount the shocks on top the axle, I needed to have them come though the bed. Not much to tie into back there... So here is what I came up with.

The Rustys Shocks look right at home there.

Lower Shock mounts will be tit.

Back