• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel injector leak

Abugarcia

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys while loading my XJ on the trailer the other day I noticed a fuel leak. Popped the hood and saw that it was leaking from where the front two injectors meet the fuel rail. Went to NAPA and bought two O-Ring kits to fix them. Pulled the rail off and I don't know what to do.

Here is the O-Ring kit:
f1d9ac9b.jpg

Heres what I have to work with:
1f748df6.jpg

What should I do?

Abugarcia said:
Hey Guys while loading my XJ on the trailer the other day I noticed a fuel leak. Popped the hood and saw that it was leaking from where the front two injectors meet the fuel rail. Went to NAPA and bought two O-Ring kits to fix them. Pulled the rail off and I don't know what to do.

Here is the O-Ring kit:
f1d9ac9b.jpg

Heres what I have to work with:
1f748df6.jpg

What should I do?

Buy more kits. You need to replace all the o-rings that connect the injectors to the rail, as far as which one it is....I have no idea. If it was me, I would pull each injector and replace those rings also.

Just my experiance.

Rev

You should go to the stealership and buy the kit. It comes with O rings for all the injectors top and bottom. O rings for one or 2 injectors are no use, since the others will fail now that they have been distrubed. Use vasolene on the O rings to assemblle the system. It is not a hard job. Eighteen bucks for the kit IIRC.

Back