• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: Low Miles NV3550 Trans

It is a 3550? I thought tjs had the 3500? If I was going to keep my jeep I'd buy this.

NV3500 has an integrated bellhousing with the starter on the drivers side - like for dodge, and like the KJ uses.

NV3550 has a detachable bellhousing for XJ/TJ.

KJ NV3550 also has a detachable bellhousing, but with the starter on the other side.

KJ/TJ NSG370 does not have a detachable bellhousing, but there are two variations depending on the application. Drivers side starter for KJ, passenger side for TJ.

To further confuse things there are two different versions of the nv3550, XJ and TJ. TJ NV3550s have the trasnfer case output bolt pattern clocked clockwise(aft looking forward) so the transfer case sits higher towards the body.

Theoretically a nv3500 from a dodge application would fit KJ/WJ etc since the starter is on the drivers side - but I know of no specific instance of this being done.

maxresdefault.jpg

Lol. I have heard of people putting the 3550 behind the 5.2 in a zj and the biggest issue being headers to clear the starter on the driver side. I did not know they had a bellhousing that went on the passanger side.

Back