• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front sway bar prob

it couldnt hurt, it spaces the sway bar away from the frame, so it might fix your problems.... hard to say....

rc also makes em....

I've been running the RE 7.5 coils for a few years now with no swaybar or steering stabilizer and while I haven't had any accidents its not worth the anxiety and tension everytime you run it down the freeway. I'm finally planning on fab'ing up some extended axle end tabs (running WJ knuckles) so I can run a swaybar and mounting a SS. Hopefully I can sit back in the seat on the highway. It CAN be done but not enjoyable or safe.

You may not miss it until you need to make a fast, evasive maneuver at high speed.
haha high speed maneuvers... in a jeep! i dont think i have gotten any jeep over 70... comfortably. let alone pulled off a high speed maneuver with that big of a lift (even with a sway bar) and pulled the maneuver off.... safely

haha high speed maneuvers... in a jeep! i dont think i have gotten any jeep over 70... comfortably. let alone pulled off a high speed maneuver with that big of a lift (even with a sway bar) and pulled the maneuver off.... safely

i dont have that much lift, mine is at 4.5", but i had to make a high speed maneuver going 70mph. i was driving on the PA north east extension near the poconos when a step ladder fell off a truck in front of me. if i didnt have the sway bar connected, i know i would not have been able to recover after i made the first maneuver to get out of the way of the ladder that was coming at me end over end.

Screw it hack them off. At 8.5 inch of lift im sure its gonna handle like crap on the road anyways?

Thats a good idea!

Let take a poor handling Jeep, and take off a piece that will help it handle just a little better. :rolleyes:

Keep the front sway bar. I am going to be putting mine back on at some point.

Back