• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front suspension problem - Cherokee 1989

pszczepan

NAXJA Forum User
Hi !

Couple weeks ago I changed Coil spring - standard size - dedicated to Jeep Cherokee, but springs are new - so the car is little bit lifted - 1" higher.
I put new tire - original size should be 225/75R15 - my tire are 235/75R15.

After these upgrade I noticed that if I drive fast - 60 mph and road is not flat (some bumbs, rough asfalt with high frequency and density crosswise waves) front of the car starts shakeing - the weight from the left side is going to the right and back. It is really dangerous -
the car floats (left-right) and it look like the car would like to brake down. When it happens I have to brake really strong and all weight is going to the front and finally the car is becoming steady.
I was sure that the reason are bad front shock absorbers. I bought new dedicated Monroe plus shocks absorbers and I put some 1" spacer to fit shock for 1" lift car.
Now I know that the car works better - bigger bumps are needed to make car shaking, but when it is happening there is harder to make car steady - need longer, stronger brake.
So still it is and I have no idea what can be reason of that.

Maybe some of you experienced such a thing.

Thanks
Pawel

Back